What we do
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we look for
We are looking for a strong leader to further develop our Western Europe (France & Benelux) Accounting and Controlling operation.
SAS is on a transformation journey and so is our global finance organization. Now we are looking for an experienced finance leader to help us drive development, alignment and efficiencies in our Accounting & Controlling operation across the France/Benelux sub-region.
- You will also actively support the transformation of our EMEA finance organization
- You will manage a team of financial professionals based in three countries and be part of the management team for EMEA Accounting & Controlling
- This role includes responsibilities for the continuous delivery of high-quality accounting services both in relation to internal management reporting as well as statutory financials
- The job will also include a large portion of change management driving standardization, efficiencies and alignment in our accounting operation
What You’ll Do:
Ensure effectiveness, quality and continuity of accounting & controlling activities in each country/legal entity
- Leads, coaches and develops regional accounting teams and individuals to promote high levels of motivation and performance
- Ensuring continuity of operations, segregation of duties and effective delivery of services across all accounting processes
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting of monthly and yearly financials in accordance with local & US GAAP and in alignment with group policies and procedures
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place, documented, adopted and maintained to safeguard the organization, its results and assets
- Oversees, coordinates and leads actions to address findings from all external and internal audit reviews of organizational activities
- Monitors and optimizes the cash position of the business and proactively manages foreign exchange risks and interest exposure, in accordance with Group policies
- Contributes to the development of, communicates and ensures compliance with all Finance and organizational policies and procedures
- Conducts regular reviews of results to identify and prosecute opportunities which will reduce cost and/or increase ROI or which will improve the control, transparency and consistency of results reported
- Support the business and managers locally and regionally as a senior representative of finance
Drive standardization, efficiency and consistency within the sub-region
- Ensure accounting & controlling processes and systems are aligned across the sub-region
- Work towards limiting country specific processes to what is required form a legal and statutory perspective
- Develop staff to take responsibilities for accounting processes across multiple countries (from single country/multi process to multi/country single process)
- Drives efficiency to improve utilization of resources and reduce cost within the sub-regional accounting & controlling organization
- Ensures actions and direction agreed within the EMEA Accounting & Controlling Leadership team are fully adopted and supported
- Ensures effective service delivery to and liaison and information share with Sales Regions and Regional Business Partners
- Working with Group HQ to ensure global initiatives and development are proactively and fully supported
As part of the EMEA Accounting & Controlling Management team drive standardization, efficiency and consistency across the wider region
- Actively participates in and contributes to the EMEA Accounting & Controlling team
- Proactively shares and leverages best practice and information across the EMEA community
- Proactively identifies and executes opportunities for standardization and operating efficiency across the EMEA region, which will generate efficiencies, create capacity and /or better ready the function for continued transformation.
- Proactively addresses organization structure, skills and work organization to complement the above. Moves the organization towards single-process, multi-country focused delivery and away from single-country, multi-process approaches, enabling increased specialisation in roles
- Delivers targeted workforce & operating cost savings across the EMEA Accounting & Controlling team
- Identify new initiatives which promote better cost effectiveness, efficiency, accounting consistency, transparency, alignment and /or service quality EMEA-wide
- Takes EMEA wide responsibility for designated accounting and controlling areas and initiatives
- Ensures that Group HQ information, initiative, policies and processes are actively supported and adopted
What our ideal candidate looks like
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience from change management
- Typically requires at least 10 years post qualification experience in a senior accounting, controlling or a financial analysis role in a multinational organization. Audit experience preferred. 5 years + of experience in a leadership role
- Qualified Accountant (CPA, ICAEW or other internationally recognised accountancy body). Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Breadth of knowledge across tax, audit, treasury, financial analysis & reporting, information technology, legal, business, and operational areas
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills applied effectively to a multi-national environment/audience. Strong written/verbal French & English language skills
- Able to interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers
- Strong software tool skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, general ledger package(s), financial reporting tools, data analysis software, and data management tools
- Ability to understand and interpret financial/performance data in a multi-currency environment, and take action accordingly
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (including US GAAP and IFRS), local statutory differences, and tax impacts of both
- Able to establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinate manager
- Experience with pricing, intangibles, impairment, and cash flow analysis
- Strong internal control knowledge for both systems and processes
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally to support effective delivery in role
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.