Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Alliance Specialist to be responsible for aligning SAS and Partner strategies and for developing and executing business plans to maximize mutual business value. There are two Alliance Specialist role types – Regional Alliance Manager with responsibility to a region and/or regional partners and Global Partner Manager responsible for a global partner(s) with broad geographic reach and impact.
- In consultation and alignment with SAS global Alliances & Channels objectives, develop and execute business plans with clear goals, measurable objectives, and defined success criteria for assigned SAS region/BU and/or assigned Partner(s).
- Focus on assigned partner(s), acts as primary point of contact for named partner(s) and manage all aspects of the alliance relationship with accountability for meeting partner revenue quotas.
- Deliver high-value partner SAS revenue via the Alliance Partner organization by utilizing in-depth knowledge of BU/Country needs, partner expertise, and multiple business model options so that SAS can maximize partner value during the solution sales cycle to increase SAS close ratios and revenue.
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationship with influential executives within SAS and the Partner’s organization who can/will materially impact our ability to execute. Maintain particular focus on Sales, Marketing and Product Management as well as Partner Programs to ensure consistent messaging and communication to partners.
- Responsible for aligning SAS internal strategy and direction with respect to the Alliance business and market focus.
- Perform and maintain peer mapping to identify appropriate and equivalent stakeholders from SAS and the Partner and to align roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate partner, SAS pre-sales, and SAS Professional Services team members to design/develop/execute successful pre-sales support and delivery engagement models to ensure integrated coordinated team and competent delivery of integrated and repeatable offerings.
- Work in conjunction with the Legal Division to ensure implementation and compliance with SAS Partner Program to ensure maximum scale and consistency across industry or geographic boundaries.
Joint Business Planning
- Business plans should be developed with consideration for joint business development, thought leadership, marketing and market presence, lead generation, partner enablement plans, and will include revenue targets and other key success metrics.
- Monitor and ensure partner program compliance. Develop and execute a regular communication plan to keep joint business plan on trace and maintain alignment. Develop and manage day-to-day operations for assigned partner(s) to ensure that they are effectively managed and that performance objectives are achieved.
- Track and report results (revenue, pipeline, and other key success metrics as agreed to with management) to ensure that objectives are met. Manage the pipeline process with input of Sales and pre-sales activities utilizing the SAS system of record for sales, Orion, and in compliance with the Partner Program, Opportunity Registration Form (ORF) for partner recognition.
- Develop and execute when necessary a process for escalation of Alliance issues. Identify escalation path specific to SAS and partner(s) stakeholders.
Aligned with regional strategy and geographic requirements this role may be a hybrid position incorporating aspects of the Channel Account Manager role..
- Focuses on one large segment of one large alliance or multiple small alliances.
- Manages strategic initiative engagement aspects of Strategic Alliances Relationships.
- Acts as first point of contact on specific business initiatives with Alliance partners.
- Acts as an educator on partner competencies and execution abilities for internal groups.
- Ability to influence/ build relationships w/ all levels of management in SAS and with Alliance.
- Interact with SAS Senior Management.
- Escalate and inform when critical.
- Understand and present strategic and tactical goals of Alliance.
- Understand the SAS technology and strategic directions.
- Reliably build process for long term project success.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or other related field.
- Typically requires eight years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical function within the technology industry, including related products and services. (Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent knowledge of solution selling and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical function within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience.
- In –country business perspective.
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to travel nationally
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.