Accounts Payable Supervisor (Mexico City)
Accounts Payable Supervisor is the Head of Accounts Payable in the Region and works inside the Global Accounting Services for SAS, reporting to the Manager of Accounting Operations. The main activities are to ensure the quality of all the procure to pay process supported by the Accounts payable module from Oracle Fusion, creating efficiencies, providing visibility to the business and at the same accomplishing with local legal requirements in each country. This position supervises several Accounts Payable analysts based in different countries along the region.
- Supervises and continuously enhances the Procure to Pay Process, promoting the highest quality standards and best practices, with high level of reaction to the business, while at the same time assuring the compliance with policies and General Accounting Accepted Principles.
- Enhances the accounts payable process of the Company by providing clear follow up with vendors and involved departments.
- Establishes clear and useful KPIs for measuring the performance on the procurement process and the performance of the accounts payable team for the control, simplicity and speed on the process.
- Provides Aging reports that promote visibility on the performance of payables and on future cash requirements.
- Ensures a robust, clear and transparent workflow for the Procure to pay process, with high controls, security, clean accounting, automated processes and the ability to provide clear and accurate information in each stage inside the Accounts Payable Module.
- Lead the Oracle Fusion’s implementation project for the Accounts Payable module, ensuring consistency with the statutory and business requirements. The efficient integration with the other SAS systems and tools is an essential part for a successful implementation.
- Ensures that each expense is supported by an invoice and has good control on vendor’s information and supporting documentation. Also ensures that vendors are following the guidelines for the procurement process established by the company.
- Acts and influences in other areas of the organization by making recommendations regarding processes and/or procedures to improve efficiency and integration with the Global Accounting Services Center and between other Departments in Finance or outside Finance.
- Improves customer services (external and internal customers), improves quality and performance for the business and constantly promotes cost savings.
- Facilitates quality data/information and contributes to the financial planning and reporting analysis.
- Develops a strong/motivated team that is oriented to results and with high performance level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project Management skills
- ERP handling, preferable Oracle Fusion’s Accounts Payable Module
- Solid analytical Skills and attention to detail
- Fluent English, spoken and written
- Ability to understand internal customer’s requirements and with business vision
- Demonstrated ability to relate technical concepts to applications and user needs
- Interpersonal and negotiation abilities
- Communication skills
- Ability to present and sell ideas
- Demonstrated leadership, with the ability to develop team’s talent and motivation.
- Strong ethics and firm convictions, even under pressure
- Curious mind and promoter of constant innovation
- Business process reengineering
- Availability to travel
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation on the best decision to take and how to coordinate the action. Exercises judgment on the best approach for identifying the best controls in place and for taking the best solution possible in any situation. Has high technical skills and becomes a support for the other staff.
Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day to day work and new projects or assignments. Determines methods, procedures and best practices on new assignments and can coordinate activities with the teammates and direct reports.
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Administration.
- Preferable Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Administration
- Courses and diploma in Taxes, Accounting, Controlling, Project Management, Finance, etc.
- Preferable Training in Oracle Fusion
- At least 5 years of experience en general accounting or bookkeeping
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience in ERPs implementation and handling, preferable in Oracle Fusion
- Experience working for Corporations
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.