Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Mexico City)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Accounts Receivable Supervisor is the Head of Accounts Receivable in the Region and works inside the Global Accounting Services for SAS, reporting to the Manager of Accounting Operations. The main activities are to ensure the quality of all the invoicing, collection and accounting processes, creating efficiencies, providing visibility to the business and at the same accomplishing with local legal requirements in each country. This position supervises several Accounts Receivable analysts based in different countries along the region.
- Supervises and continuously enhances the Invoicing process, promoting the highest quality standards and best practices, with high level of reaction to the business, while at the same time assuring the compliance with policies and General Accounting Accepted Principles.
- Enhances the collection of the Company by providing clear follow up with customers and involved departments, establishes clear and useful KPIs and Aging reports that promote visibility on the performance of collection and therefore the performance of the Accounts Receivable Team.
- Ensures a robust, clear and transparent workflow for all the Order to Cash process, with high controls, security, clean accounting, automated processes and the ability to provide clear and accurate information in each stage inside the Accounts Receivable Module.
- Leads the Oracle Fusion’s implementation project for the Accounts Receivable module, ensuring consistency with the statutory and business requirements. The efficient integration with the other SAS systems and tools and the connection with the web invoicing portal from the tax authority is an essential part for a successful implementation.
- Acts and influences in other areas of the organization by making recommendations regarding processes and/or procedures to improve efficiency and integration with the Global Accounting Services Center and between other Departments in Finance or outside Finance.
- Improves customer services (external and internal customers), quality and performance for the business and promotes cost savings.
- Monitors sales and revenue recognition in coordination with other Departments.
- Develops a strong/motivated team that is oriented to results and with high performance level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project Management skills
- ERP handling, preferable Oracle Fusion’s Accounts Receivable Module
- Solid analytical Skills and attention to detail
- Fluent English, spoken and written
- Ability to understand internal customer’s requirements and with business vision
- Demonstrated ability to relate technical concepts to applications and user needs
- Interpersonal and negotiation abilities
- Communication skills
- Ability to present and sell ideas
- Demonstrated leadership, with the ability to develop team’s talent and motivation.
- Strong ethics and firm in convictions, even under pressure
- Curious mind and promoter of constant innovation
- Business process reengineering
- Availability to travel
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation on the best decision to take and how to coordinate the action. Exercises judgment on the best approach for identifying the best controls in place and for taking the best solution possible in any situation. Has high technical skills and becomes a support for the other staff.
Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day to day work and new projects or assignments. Determines methods, procedures and best practices on new assignments and can coordinate activities with the teammates and direct reports.
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Administration.
- Preferable Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Administration
- Courses and diploma in Taxes, Accounting, Controlling, Project Management, Finance, etc.
- Preferable Training in Oracle Fusion
- At least 5 years of experience en general accounting or bookkeeping
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounts Receivable
- Experience in ERPs implementation and handling, preferable in Oracle Fusion
- Experience working for Corporations
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.