Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Technical Architect in the Asia Pacific region. You will engage our hosted and remotely managed customers in architecting analytics solutions that deliver on the promise of turning data into insight. Your primary focus will be relating SAS solution design into fit for hosting technical architecture. Careful consideration of hosting best practices raises the likelihood of successful customer outcomes. Guiding and empowering anyone at SAS to architect for delivery and transition to Managed Application Services is at the core of your work.
As a member of a global and highly experienced team, you will get the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills and abilities, and to contribute knowledge and ideas that increase customer satisfaction, profitability, and efficiencies in line with the SAS values and business plan.
- Produce detailed solution architectures to be implemented in our supported hosting locations.
- Work across multiple teams in Sales, R&D, and Cloud and Information Services to assess hosting architecture requirements.
- Evaluate popular SAS solution categories, collect their workload requirements, and produce hosting standards.
- Communicate recommendations regarding hardware selection, networking requirements, and storage sizing to business stakeholders.
- Assist in scoping and defining work efforts, resource plans, and estimating cost on projects.
- Interact with Technical Support to verify and discuss issues around specific architectures at client sites.
- Participate in ongoing training to stay current on the best practices in SAS architecture.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or similar.
- Five years of technical architecture experience.
- Experience architecting for public cloud delivery. Azure preferred.
- Experience with microservices based applications.
- Experience architecting for stateless and stateful services.
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to create and assess project artifacts including Visio diagrams, non-functional requirements, and detailed solution architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Travel: as business requirements dictate.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact. #LI-AS2
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.