Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Risk Team Lead to lead our risk solutions delivery.
- Manage a Risk/Fraud solution area across industries as a business or delivery practice.
- Define and oversee the development of internal and external resources needed to accomplish business goals.
- Accomplish results through 360 planning, strategic business development goals, aligned implementation approaches, and prioritized business initiatives.
- Maximize revenues, utilization and profit, through collaboration with all applicable internal departments and divisions to achieve the strategic use of SAS solutions and products by customers.
- Provide domain and solution expertise to on-going Insurance related Risk & Regulatory projects.
- Provide staff with clear understanding of responsibilities, accountabilities and growth plan by communicating and managing work assignments, training, talent management and performance appraisals.
- Engage and implement SAS solutions for IFRS 17 and other related Risk projects.
- Lead on-site training and coaching on SAS solutions for consultants, partners and customers.
- Help services team craft work estimates, proposals, solution architectures and project plans
- Act as key point of contact for key clients, partners and regional professional services teams. Act as liaison to Product Management, R&D and sales teams
- Anticipate and resolve cross-functional project related issues and work with Project Managers to implement improvement
What we’re looking for
- Background in life insurance/reinsurance or financial services, and strong knowledge of financial services industry in Risk/Regulatory domain.
- Proven capacity to lead multiple practices/teams.
- Extended skills in business development or packaged services development.
- Broad experience in developing teams with financial and performance management responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building, organizational, time-management and planning skills.
- Experience with technical and business approaches and solutions related to business intelligence/analytics/data integration/data warehousing.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to system applications and user needs.
- Knowledge of actuarial, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing, Solvency II and/or ORSA is a plus.
- Experience with ALM or Economic Capital Models in Insurance industry is a plus.
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant field: e.g., Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc., and fluent in Mandarin and English desirable.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.