Following the recent Microsoft / SAS Partnership Announcement and an increased demand from customers around digital transformation and cloud migrations, SAS is looking for a Cloud Solution Sales Specialist to work alongside our Strategic Account Team. If you are excited about the benefits that cloud and analytics play and you thrive on solving complex business problems, then this is the role for you. Working alongside the existing account teams serving our largest strategic customers, you will provide expertise and thought leadership on the opportunity for Digital Transformation from the application of cloud & analytics technology to optimise business outcomes.
Following 44 years of consistent growth, SAS has long and deep relationships with its customers and is core to many of our customers’ critical business processes. As our customers accelerate the migration of existing workloads to the cloud and drive new innovative “Digital First” solutions we are increasing our focus on our cloud expertise. With data, analytics and decisioning being at the heart of almost every company’s digital transformation strategy, the opportunity is significant. Typical business areas where SAS is recognised as a market leader include credit risk decisioning, fraud, risk & compliance, demand forecasting and customer intelligence where our capabilities and solutions which is validated in multiple Gartner & Foresters reports.
- Assist with execution and acceleration of SAS’s Cloud strategy to create new Digitally Native solutions and migrate existing on premise applications to the cloud.
- Strive to develop a deep understanding of your customers, their strategies and business goals to become a trusted advisor in their path to cloud-deployed analytics.
- Consult with your customers to identify relevant opportunities and develop a clear business case with robust business value statements.
- Creation of repeatable Digitally Native use cases that create new cloud native opportunities for SAS.
- Identify, build and lead Remote Managed Service / Hosting proposals to move existing applications into a SAS Cloud environment.
- Lead an experienced bid team to respond to formal RFX documents with the support of product, pre-sales and strategic partners.
- Contribute to sales and go to market strategy using your industry and client knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a Growth Mindset and the curiosity to continually learn.
- Business transformation consulting skills and proven experience within the financial services industry.
- Whilst this is fundamentally a sales role focused on Digital / Cloud Transformation you will have a thorough understanding of the enabling technologies including Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and API services.
- An understanding of cloud architectures and deep knowledge of the main public cloud providers.
- Experience of selling both cloud migrations and new whitespace cloud architected solutions.
- Proven experience leading large, complex opportunities that span new software, hosting, remote managed services and consulting components, (preferably with exposure to analytics and data science projects).
- Strong commercial awareness and able to engage both business and technology communities across your accounts and identify appropriate opportunities
- Experience of leading internal teams across marketing, sales, pre-sales, delivery, hosting and partner organisations to deliver a range of complex solutions with global reach
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders from Departmental Manager right up to C-level.
- Alignment to the SAS core values of: Passionate. Authentic. Accountable.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- We’re problem solvers, explorer and knowledge seekers – always asking, “What if?”. If you have a genuine appetite to work across a diverse range of interesting business problems then SAS should definitely interest you.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.