Cloud Platform Administrator (Systems Developer) - LatAm Vaga preferencial PcD
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud Platform Administrator for the Managed Application Services (MAS) team in SAS’s Cloud and Information Services (CIS) division, you will be responsible for all aspects of our hosted and remote managed SAS application environments. You will be an advocate for SAS customers, using your skills and expertise to ensure that customers realize full value from their SAS investment.
You will lead the team in efforts to improve quality, efficiency, and automation around service delivery tasks. You will work with global R&D, Product, Technical Support, and CIS teams to drive customer satisfaction and ensure service quality across all our hosted and remote managed customer environments. A keen eye for continuous improvement and a passion to drive it in all aspects of the job is required.
- Install, administer, and maintain SAS Enterprise software and solutions.
- Contribute to tooling, automation, and system engineering efforts, freeing yourself and others from day-to-day toil.
- Provide pre- and post-implementation documentation.
- Engineer solutions to ensure scalability and reliability.
- Integrate SAS software with systems and other third-party software.
- Engineer application implementations based on requirements and sizing assessments.
- Configure, manage, monitor and debug mid-tier software such as tcServer, JBoss, etc.
- Develop tools and software to manage SAS and third-party software.
- Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems.
- Work directly with external customers and interface with other support teams and vendors.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 8+ years of technical experience including:
- 4+ years of experience Enterprise-class software installation and configuration.
- 4+ years of experience in systems support, user support, customer support, consulting, or training for enterprise class software and/or hardware.
- 4+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux supporting enterprise class applications.
The nice to haves
- Installing and using SAS software and solutions.
- Hands-on experience deploying solutions in public cloud environments (Azure, AWS, and GCP).
- Python and Ansible for automation.
- Kubernetes and Container technology.
- Scripting experience (bash, powershell, etc).
- Programming in SAS.
- Deploying and managing JavaEE web applications.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Multi-lingual proficiency (English language is required)
- Languages: Fluent Portuguese, Advanced English, Intermediate Spanish
Other knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of security, performance, server design, cross-platform architectures, SAS products, SAS solutions, storage, networking, and enterprise hardware.
- Proficiency with Linux system administration tasks including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
- Ability to write scripts or software programs that automate system and software administrations tasks.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking / distributed computing environment concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytic and deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to independently learn how to use new facilities quickly from supplied documentation
- Understands the interdependencies between multiple systems and software within a computing infrastructure
- Understanding of complex system architectures and infrastructures
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.