Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Customer Reference Manager, you will develop and manage customer references that support the needs of our Marketing and Sales teams. You'll cultivate and strengthen internal and external customer relationships in order to build a rich database of references that can be leveraged globally to promote the credibility of SAS and our offerings. The ideal candidate will be able to work across departments, think strategically and analytically, and have a passion for connecting with customers. Success in this role requires a full understanding of SAS’s marketing strategy, product suite and sales process, as well as customer perceptions and considerations.
- Consults with customers and sales representatives to identify prospective references.
- Builds and strengthens customer relationships to drive awareness and third-party validation for SAS.
- Works with sales representatives to fulfill their requests for customer references and to help close deals.
- Maintains reference records and usages in our customer reference database, including technical and business aspects of each customer's use of SAS solutions.
- Communicates with sales teams, marketing stakeholders, and customers through phone, email, and in meetings.
- Organizes peer-to-peer reference discussions between customers.
- Recruits customer presenters for executive and other sanctioned events.
- Works with analyst relations team to nominate customers for industry analyst surveys.
- Collaborates with marketing stakeholders to coordinate customer interviews for the production of customer success stories, articles, videos, ads, etc.
To be successful in this role, you need to have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Typically requires five years of experience in sales, marketing or business communications within the technology industry
- Knowledge of SAS solutions; experience with sales, sales operations, or account management
- Professional presence and poise to navigate relationships with external customers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with an outgoing personality
- Demonstrated ability to relate technical and business concepts to user needs
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, managing time sensitive and top-priority requests simultaneously
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
*Candidate with lesser experience will be considered as Senior Associate Customer Reference Manager.