The IoT Division believes that our people are our greatest asset and that only through our collective passion, collaboration, and hard work can we truly make a difference for our customers. We believe in a dynamic, innovative environment that requires a diversity of thought, and that great ideas can come from anywhere.
This role requires a resourceful, multi-talented individual that enjoys working with ever changing technology and that isn’t intimidated by ambiguity. In this role, you’ll be a member of an eclectic team whose primary purpose is the collective success of our internal and external customers and partners. As a member of this division, you’ll be asked to wear many hats – helping sell one day, enabling channel partners another, and building out innovative IoT assets the next. In a nutshell, you will need to do whatever is necessary to make our offerings and customers successful.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Builds a trusted relationship with Sales and Channel Partners to provide practical guidance in the business value of proposed IoT solutions and sets proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional and technical capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects, Consultants and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Help to define and develop IoT service offerings, and enable a broad set of professional services teams and partners.
- Develop, document, and communicate IoT best practices.
- Perform advanced or complex prototyping of SAS IoT technologies
- Provide hands-on knowledge transfer of IoT best practices to strategic channel partners.
- Develops standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions.
- May work on PoC’s and special projects as assigned; act as the IoT lead on assigned activities.
- Develop innovative IoT assets that showcase our value and capabilities.
- Develop use cases that demonstrate the value of IoT in new and\or under developed problem domains.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field; with 2 years of technical consulting, systems engineering, applications development and/or relevant customer support experience.
- Strong understanding of software, platform, cloud, connectivity and technology in the widest sense.
- Ability to conceptualize clients' needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Superior facilitation, problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- High sales and customer orientation and pronounced consultancy competence.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner.
- Travel as business needs dictate
- Knowledge of IoT or Event Stream Processing; experience in capturing, using, and\or analyzing streaming data.
- Understanding of Hadoop Data Architectures and native Hadoop Data Management tools and techniques.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud service providers.
- Knowledge of Open Stack and\or Cloud Foundry.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.