Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
Responsible for sales management, business development and value proposition oversight for Internet-of-Things Commercial (IoTc) across APAC. Owns the revenue target for multiple business development executives in a highly-competitive and complex emerging industry. Will manage the business development executives working with new and existing clients to introduce new value propositions and revenue streams for our clients. IoTc specializes in converting IoT market opportunities into value capture revenue sharing relationships or working with new clients to introduce new products, services, or margin improvements. We will work closely with SAS account coverage teams, IoT pre-sales, product, and R&D.
- Ownership and management of IoTc value proposition development approach to sales and distribution:
- Understand observable market opportunity
- Understand requirements to perform against observable market opportunity
- Understand investment to enter into observable market opportunity
- Understand necessary market share to support healthy business
- Understand delivery complexity and ongoing management costs
- Understand sensibility of the business model
- Establish IoTc ecosystem design – channel and / or assets with GTM plan
- Formalize economic framework contracts and distribution model
- Secure clients and revenue base for created IoTc ecosystem value proposition
- Responsible for execution of our IoT Commercial GTM strategy across multiple verticals (Connected Manufacturing, Connected Energy & Utilities, Connected Retail & Hospitality, Connected Cities, Connected Transportation & Logistics, Connected Oil & Gas, Connected Insurance, Connected Healthcare & Life Sciences, Connected Communications, Connected Financial Services, Connected Agriculture).
- Ability to understand and quantify the impact of inefficient operations within targeted industries to optimally design value proposition and work with the appropriate clients to enable transformative outcomes
- Develops go to market plans for IoTc solutions with multiple distribution approaches; identifies market segments with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
- Ability to foster close working relationships with SAS partners and industry consultants to maximize revenue potential and accelerate market adoption of an emerging solution where appropriate
- Works closely with SAS resources and peer executives to identify relevant client organizations aligned to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities from the emerging initiatives group
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers, internal SAS executives and external partners. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required. Works closely with internal partner organizations to ensure appropriate allocation and utilization of resources.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services. Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities. Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix. Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
- Performs other duties, as assigned. Customizes and sells solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings. Conducts significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites. Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, policies and procedures, marketing goals and objectives, SAS System applications, hardware platforms, market trends and business and industry knowledge. Sets goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, business trends, and industry knowledge to assess IoT solution requirements.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization with global responsibility and distribution of resources.
- Experience in working in an open-ended, innovation focused operating environment where you must be able to prioritize the investment of a finite set of resources to pursue high-quality opportunities
- Preference for experience in working with international teams (clients and internal)
Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses BASE or Strategic selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops action plans to close business for IoTc division
- Develops plans to identify IoTc solutions that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to travel
- Located out of Singapore
- Requires 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Prior Business Development and Management experience in relevant industry(s). Direct industry roles or consulting / advisory roles also considered.
- Familiarity and experience in IoT use cases, platforms, challenges and businesses
- Knowledge of modern sales techniques, distribution and partnership models; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to evaluate and quantify (in dollar potential) a specific market opportunity in an industry
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.