- The IoT Division believes that our people are our greatest asset and that only through our collective passion, collaboration, and hard work can we truly make a difference for our customers. We believe in a dynamic, innovative environment that requires a diversity of thought, and that great ideas can come from anywhere.
- This role will require you to leverage extensive industry expertise and networks to help the region drive IoT related revenue growth. Create and deliver credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market. Actively work with sales teams and partners in support of sales opportunities and provide strategic impact to the industry sales go-to-market plans. Serve as a regional advisor and point of contact for the IoT Line of business (LOB), covering all aspects of the IoT LOB solutions during a customer engagement & life cycle.
Main Job Scope:
- This role requires a resourceful, multi-talented individual that enjoys working with ever changing technology and business models - and isn’t intimidated by ambiguity. In this role, you’ll be a member of an eclectic team whose primary purpose is the collective success of our internal and external customers and partners as they exploit the IoT as a means of driving meaningful business outcomes. As an influential member of this innovative division, you’ll be asked to wear many hats – helping sell one day, enabling channel partners another, and building out innovative IoT assets the next. In a nutshell, you will need to do whatever is necessary to make our offerings and customers successful.
- Our Senior IoT Industry Consultants rely on extensive industry/business domain expertise and networks to drive strategic industry, solution, and technology positioning and messaging in our target markets. They act as a front-line spokesperson with internal and external audiences.
- Builds a trusted relationship with direct sales and IoT commercial managers to provide sales support, including customer meetings, practical guidance in the business value of proposed IoT solutions and sets proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional and technical capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions as they apply to client needs
- Support the sales strategy for IoT laid out by the senior leadership for APAC
- Works proactively with sales teams, partners, marketing, R&D to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Leverage domain experience in thought leadership exercises: speaking and writing
- Help to define and develop IoT service offerings, and enable a broad set of professional services teams and partners
- Develop, document, and communicate IoT best practices.
- Provide hands-on knowledge transfer of IoT best practice to strategic channel partners
- Develops standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions
- May work on PoC’s and special projects as assigned; act as the IoT lead on assigned activities
- Develop innovative IoT assets that showcase our value and capabilities
- Develop use cases that demonstrate the value of IoT in new and\or under developed problem domains
- Provides new approaches for sales support and enablement to further our division goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive incremental revenue
- Demonstrated Industry relationships and credibility
- Specialized knowledge in a key solution area or industry
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Good project management and facilitation skills
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Public speaking experience
- Typically requires a minimum of eight years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline. Graduate coursework or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in areas of subject matter expertise or presales related roles.
- Experience building collaborative marketing and partner-marketing campaigns.
- Experience with product marketing in the software and/or analytics space.
- Hands-on technical and solution architecture experience of working with vehicle manufacturers on connected vehicles or mobility projects would be highly desirable.
- Understanding or experience of manufacturing supply chain processes would also be an asset.
- Understanding of app and website development and general capability in Python, Java, C, C++ or other similar languages would also be a great asset.
- Ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical or technical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills across channels as well as small and large groups.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems.
- Familiar with SAS or competitive products in IoT.
- Active member in key IoT associations and groups.
- Recognized as a thought leader with specialized knowledge in IoT.
- Ability to work with database query languages.
- Familiarity with base SAS or SAS tools, though not required.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring. #LI-JE1
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.