SAS has the most robust and trusted Internet of Things streaming technology in the world. Combine this with our world leading analytical capabilities and we have the right ingredients to help our partners generated new revenue streams by bringing together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way companies create, manufacture, operate and service products. With SAS, global industrial and service companies can count on an ecosystem of partners and developers to capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive future innovation.
Main Job Scope:
SAS is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and career-minded individuals to join our APAC IoT Channel organization where you will have the opportunity to work with the acknowledged leader in the dynamic IoT application space. We are looking for motivated channel sales and partnership professionals to work in the APAC market segment to embrace IoT technologies for their respective markets. Many of the world’s largest manufacturing and supply chain companies are entering into this fast pasted IoT space to create new revenue streams.
- Provide field feedback to corporate segment and sales development
- Run and support IoT Channel development in APAC (Japan and Korea)
- Provide support at Partner Events as a domain expert
- Provide value based selling support to partners
- Act as liaison between IoT HQ team, Direct Sales, Alliances and Professional Services
- Manage key customer relationships and help close strategic sales opportunities
- Identify and influence key stakeholders at all levels within partner organizations and SAS to build relationships, enhance SAS IoT brand, generate and develop ideas, and pursue opportunities that will result in alternate routes to market and increased revenue
- Maintain company and Global Partner program standards including development of program frameworks to support new and existing routes to market for SAS IoT capabilities
- Demonstrate value- and trust-based business development and selling skills with a deep understanding of the customer’s needs
- Develop and maintain the multi-year strategic account plan for strategic IoT partners to meet or exceed customer objectives and SAS sales goals
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry including trends, business processes, financial measures, performance indicators and key competitors
- Builds customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives in Japan and Korea.
- Develops and manages strong and effective working relationships with key decision makers, influencers, engineers and business development contacts at targeted System Integrators, especially those that span AE territories.
- Gains preference for the SAS IoT Solution among top integrators, using program managers, capture leads, centers of excellence, and matrixed analytic groups.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for business expansion and develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts that further business development activity.
- Works with marketing, sales and R&D groups to translate business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling proposals that effectively differentiate SAS from our competitors.
- Analyzes industry trends and other market information to identify opportunities.
- As an experienced business leader, identifies and communicates areas for improved sales practices and processes.
- Proactively communicates domain knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS offerings.
- May mentor other Business Development Specialists as needed.
- Works closely with Institute staff to leverage corporate events whenever possible.
- May interact with press to promote local presence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills (Japanese and English)
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively in Teams
- Recommends eight years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services).
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring. #LI-JE1
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.