As a Sr Solution Consultant, Long-Duration Targeted Improvements, you will provide consulting services, including solution development, implementation and project closeout at customer sites, assists sales teams with sales activities and ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction. This role will be primarily dedicated to the SAS® Solution for Long-Duration Targeted Improvements.
What you’ll do
- Works and collaborates with SAS and partner resources on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- Specifically, as an active project member, provides guidance regarding the implementation of the SAS solution in accordance with FASB’s Accounting Standards Update 2018-12. This role requires strong awareness of the FASB’s required targeted improvements to the accounting for long-duration contracts and how it will impact the integration of finance and actuarial functions across processes and systems.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Provides deep knowledge and experience with SAS Solutions including solution configuration, solution functionality and troubleshooting.
- Ability to map customer requirements and solution design to SAS solutions using different tools, techniques and interfaces.
- Leverages detailed technical and functional knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate statistical analysis.
- Builds and tests solution configurations to customer specifications.
- Creates data visualizations and reports.
- Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications and course materials.
- Provides coaching and knowledge transfer.
- Oversees the functional progress of ongoing services.
- Works proactively with others for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Builds trusted advisor relationships with internal/external customers.
- Assists in the estimation and development of consulting project scope and related plans.
- Provides leadership expertise in positioning analytical services to both customers and internal teams.
- Works as mentor with junior members of the staff in developing their skills and knowledge.
What we're looking for
- Strong knowledge of FASB’s ASU 2018-12 (strong knowledge of IFRS 17 may also be considered)
- Must rapidly obtain knowledge of SAS products (especially the SAS® Solution for Long-Duration Targeted Improvements), peripheral technologies and implementation best practices.
- Strong knowledge of the application of actuarial and US GAAP financial reporting practices for life insurance companies.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Specialized in specific technical area such as security, data management, system integration, business intelligence and/or reporting.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, utilize and integrate prevailing external technologies with SAS solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, open source programming/design and cloud computing.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion (approximetly 25%).
- Candidates preferred in North Carolina or New York City, but position can be a remote for east-coast based candidates.
- Experience programming in SAS or other languages such as Python and R.
- Strong leadership experience in consulting, preferably working with large and complex client projects.
- Awareness of analytical risk modeling.
- Strong experience in working with large data volumes preferred.
- Experience in customer interactions both in presales and post-sale project consulting roles.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree preferably in Business, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, or related field.
- Typically requires minimum of eight years of experience in the life insurance industry; specifically, actuarial modeling in life insurance and annuities and/or GAAP financial reporting and disclosure for life insurance and annuity companies.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn