Hosting Technical Account Manager – Managed Application Services
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
We are hiring Technical Account Managers with technical sales, customer success and SaaS/Cloud experience across the globe to join SAS – we have open positions in Sydney (Australia), Pune (India), Cary (United States, NC) and Marlow (UK).
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Hosting Technical Account Manager (HTAM) at SAS, you will be part of a team of specialized Managed Services professionals who work with customers to ensure that our SAS solutions meet and evolve with their business needs.
SAS Technical Account Managers are part of a team of specialized Managed Services professionals who work with customers to ensure that the SAS solutions meet and evolve with their business needs.
Our TAM's possess knowledge of the unique technical environments, industry best practices, and current and future SAS solutions. In addition, the TAM's provide a valuable partnership that optimizes collaboration with the extended SAS network of professionals to help realize a premier customer experience
- Champion and advocate for the customer experience (voice of the customer).
- Manages assigned enterprise accounts to ensure customers can meet their business goals by leveraging SAS technologies
- Build Customer Success Plans based on customer defined business outcomes
- Serve as a ‘connector’ to ensure that cross-functional teams across SAS are engaged and delivering to meet/exceed customer needs
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and drive customer renewals
- Undertake discovery and education activities to identify opportunities to increase SAS usage across customer functions and processes
- Ownership and accountability for customer Service Level Agreements
- Conducts regular service health checkpoints with the customer to ensure that customers are achieving their desired outcomes.
- Provide immediate attention and escalation for urgent issues or concerns
- Leverages ITIL Incident, Problem, and Change processes to manage customer service delivery and support
- Collaborates on technical issues with SAS Managed Application Services teams to drive issue resolution, ensuring root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Manages customer budget to ensure that services are delivered within budget and profit margins are maintained
- Identifies and implements process improvements based on a data driven approach.
What we´re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience in technical account management, customer success management, consulting, or customer experience.
- Experience with SaaS / Cloud Operations.
- Understanding of multi-tiered application architecture and configuration.
- Proficiency in process formulation and process improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of IT operations, support, R&D and product management organizations.
- Experience with Service Level Management.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development.
The nice to haves
- Understanding of SAS products.
- Experience with JIRA and/or Service Now (ticketing systems).
- Multi-lingual proficiency (English language is required)
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to focus on Customer/business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple workstreams /demands simultaneously while adapting to constantly changing requirements.
- Ability to set priorities and deliver objectives without the need of day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak at an appropriate technical and business level for the audience.
- Passionate about customer service and acts with immediacy and urgency.
- Availability to travel.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process