Senior Associate Systems Engineer (Anti-Fraud Solutions) Vaga preferencial PcD
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As part of the Customer Advisory team (pre-sales), the main responsibility of this role is to create and execute Go-To-Market plans for SAS Security Intelligence and Government Fraud offerings and value propositions to ensure a healthy pipeline
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities
- Works with Regional and Country leadership to define country specific go-to-market approach. Aligns that approach across required support functions
- Understands customer business needs, identifies appropriate applications, tools, and solutions for targeted accounts
- Helps identify market and industry trends, as well as SAS successes across the globe, in proactively working with Sales and marketing to identify target opportunity areas for SAS solutions, including specific industries and accounts.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides support for demand generation activities, including vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Prepares prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Work alongside major accounts as a trusted advisor to promote the SAS vision in support of addressing a client’s business opportunity or challenge.
What we’re looking for
- 2 years of experience in Fraud/IT – industry / consulting / vendor background.
- Technical expertise in SAS preferred. Data Mining / Machine Learning background preferred.
- Broad understanding of Financial Crimes and Compliance as a discipline, with in-depth expertise in either Financial Services or Government Fraud, Waste, and Abuse issues.
- Ability to consult with customers – strong written and verbal communication - ability to engage to consult with Finance/Compliance/IT stakeholders.
- Strategic, analytical and innovative thinker.
- Team-player with a pragmatic and collaborative approach.
- Ability to support sales and broader team across an opportunity lifecycle – from demand generation to customer engagement, to RFx response and beyond.
- Experience with at least one or more of Fraud, Financial Crimes, Security (including Cyber), Social Networking, Social Media, Risk, or related Analytics Solutions.
- Strong aptitude and attitude to learn and contribute as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to speak confidently in certain solution areas within a business application context
- Customer Engagement and/or consulting background is considered a plus.
- Ability to develop accurate scoping and project plans for proof of concepts.
- Ability and technical knowledge to work on-site in delivering proof of concepts and/or implementation projects.
- High-level customer relationship skills with the ability to build and maintain strong business ties.
- Be available to travel.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. SAS provides a barrier-free workplace and embraces all qualified applicants with varied perspectives and backgrounds. If you’re an applicant with a qualified disability or a disabled veteran, you can request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use www.sas.com/careers. For assistance, please call +1-919-531-4808 or email CareersAccessibility@sas.com.