Are you a problem solver, explorer and knowledge seeker – always asking “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What We Do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What You Will Do
We’re looking for a Senior Proposal Manager who will evaluate Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ), and Requests for Information (RFI) for strategic fit and participates in sales strategy decisions. You will coordinate the development and production of proposals in response to requests and works with sales teams to develop proactive proposals in support of qualified sales initiatives.
- Understand and apply proposal development processes and methodologies
- Assist the sales team in identifying appropriate members for proposal response teams
- Manage the proposal response effort including all meetings necessary during proposal response process
- Develop proposal response project schedule
- Serve as a liaison for internal and external support resources involved in the proposal development effort
- Ensure all deadlines are met both internally and externally during the response process.
- Maintain project files for each opportunity
- Work directly with account executives, sales managers, consultants, technical resources, legal professionals, and other internal resources e.g. printing and mail services team members as required to complete and submit the proposal
- Ensure proposals fully comply with customer requests and that the information provided is thorough and accurate
- Conduct post-proposal evaluations to assess customer satisfaction and identifies opportunities for improving the proposal process
- Develop and produces proactive proposals in support of qualified opportunities to ensure that sales team communication with their customers reflect a high level of professionalism and competence.
- Review solicitation documents, identify any red flags and create a proposal outline prior to kick-off calls.
- Communicate changed or new information to the team and the impact of those changes on the response
- Ensure that identified win themes are included within proposal documents
- Act as a central point of communication for the proposal response team
- Use appropriate tools (Qvidian, MS Teams, SharePoint etc.) to ensure that all team members are kept abreast of relevant issues and activities
- Assume a leadership role in evaluating proposal development processes and methodologies, monitors standards and recommends process improvements
- Review and evaluates opportunities to determine strategic fit and probability of moving opportunities forward
- Assess the level of previous contact and involvement that the sales team has had with the prospective customer to determine probability of success
- Perform other sales support activities related to assist sales teams in acquiring new business and maintain renewals, including supporting value assessments, PowerPoint presentations and standard proposal templates
- Provide Account Executives with information to help them influence customer RFPs.
- Serve as primary point of contact for partnering organisations throughout the proposal development process
- Maintain boilerplate responses within a repository
- Coordinate milestone reviews
- Identify gaps within draft responses and provides meaningful input on how to strategically fill the gaps
- Provide leadership to the sales team to identify appropriate members for the proposal response team
- Provide team leadership and acts as a coach to less experienced Proposal Managers
- Provide training, as needed, to internal and external resources
- Actively participate in professional organisations as a representative of the company
- May serve as back up for department manager
- Manage special projects as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- A thorough knowledge of proposal methodologies, sales marketing principles \
- Leadership skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced skills in organising, conducting and facilitating project meetings
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, positive internal and external client relationships
- Ability to travel.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate with respect to technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and of course innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-AS2