Software Development Engineer in Test
Join the world's leading analytics software company and make a difference in the way advanced analytics research is practiced!
SAS’ Enterprise Quality for Fraud and Security Intelligence team is seeking qualified candidates to build and maintain strong GUI, API, and analytic automated tests and related frameworks to support the development and release of our business solutions in a CI/CD environment by making use of various opensource automation tools and operational technologies like Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, Gradle etc.
- Design, implement, and continuously improve automated test frameworks, tools, and scripts that address specific needs in a continuous deployment pipeline;
- Participate in all steps of the continuous development lifecycle; including design, development, test automation, and monitoring;
- Maintain an awareness of and research new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques as they relate to the delivery of applications, integrations, and data in CI/CD;
- Debug complex multi-tiered software applications; Develop creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Identify risks, issues, potential bugs, or otherwise defective behavior in any phase of the project life cycle, managing them through closure;
- Program in one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Perl;
- Develop automated tests using tools such as Selenium, Jenkins, GitLab, etc;
- Actively participate in design and code reviews to maintain an elite level of code quality;
- At least 3-4 years of experience writing software applications and/or testing software systems.
- Proficient in automating tests related to complex business flows.
- Good understanding of testing concepts including working in an agile environment
- Hands on experience of testing & automating Micro services, REST APIs, middle-tier, etc.
- Hands-on experience of developing and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Knowledge of at least one RDBMS.
- Experience in Web GUI automation using Selenium or equivalent.
- Experience on Windows as well as UNIX.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Shell Scripts.
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, Gradle preferred.
- Manual test case/test scenario development & execution experience.
- Understanding of Jenkins, GIT, Gerrit. Gradle.
- Knowledge of any Cloud providers like AWS, Google, OpenStack etc.
Background and Experience
SAS is seeking a software testing professional with 3 to 4 years of experience in multiple software technologies and domains. The candidate should have a successful track record of working in testing organizations preferably developing software products for global teams. Candidate should have proven Analytical & problem-solving skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills and ability to address small & large audiences when required.