SAS enables clients to unify their analytics initiatives onto a single ecosystem, enabling them to scale as appropriate, remain workbench agnostic (leveraging both open source and SAS-developed insights) and deploy on modern cloud and hybrid architectures. Critical business and operational decisions can be at orchestrated in real time and at the edge as appropriate and be governed and managed centrally to ensure expected business value is delivered both immediately and into the future.
We are seeking a candidate who wants to be part of a successful and dynamic revenue-generating software sales and services support team. The role will leverage your business and technical expertise to help the sales and services team position and sell its value. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to think “big picture” in a way that will help create a vision for potential customers, while mapping out the practical and functional details needed to execute a completed vision.
In order to help SAS successfully maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction, you will be responsible for providing consultative guidance, including needs discovery, positioning, mapping of software capabilities to business value and vision, leveraging proof of concept results to quantify potential financial impact, and business-oriented presentations that highlight the value and uniqueness of SAS offerings to prospect organizations. Additionally, you will also be responsible for creating marketing content for the value proposition and working with the practitioners and marketing teams to help execute client, solution or industry specific campaigns.
You will manage multiple projects and priorities and interact with sales and pre-sales teams from SAS’s small and mid-size business (SMB) segment from a solutions perspective and interact with SAS’s Professional Services Division (PSD) from a services perspective. Interactions are expected to occur primarily with sales, pre-sales, industry consultants, customer success and professional services teams. On occasion, interactions may also will occur with various stakeholders from the customer organization.
A primary focus of the role will be to apply an understanding of how technology is used to create business and financial value to help the client understand, articulate and communicate how SAS will add business value to their specific organization both from a solutions and services perspective. The ability to communicate complex subjects in ways that both business and technical users can understand is a critical success factor for this role, that will require lucid content creation and value selling through targeted campaign execution.
Candidate must have a strong interest in computer technology and a desire to stay current with the pace of technology and its application across all customers and industries. Additionally, candidates must have a penchant for marketing and the necessary financial acumen that is required from a value engineer.
- Provide reliable articulation of business and financial value selling for SAS’s US SMB and PSD business units
- A track record with examples of the ability to understand, utilize and communicate business cases internally and externally
- Create compelling marketing content that articulates the value of the solution or service for the customer by tying it to the customer’s business goals and industry trends
- Work with SMB and PSD marketing teams to execute effective campaigns around the value selling content developed
- Build trusted relationships with the sales, pre-sales and professional services teams to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Strategize with pre/sales and professional services team on objectives for customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provide business-value solution leadership for sales opportunities
- Help conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements, metrics and improvement opportunities during the sales cycle to support the formation of a client’s internal business case—whether that be in the form of a financial justification or an executive-level vision communication document
- Demonstrate a keen interest in new technology such as Cloud platforms and AI/ML. Leverage self-service product and solution training to acquire and maintain a sufficient level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges limitations may be encountered
- Work proactively with other Value Engineers, Systems Engineers, Solutions Architects and Industry Consultants to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. MBA with a concentration in analytics and marketing preferred
- Requires at least five years of experience in a client & executive-facing role in advisory or value engineering with demonstrated business case and roadmap development
- An understanding of the various types of research resources to help develop business cases and when each should be used
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of business analytics and the means of solving business problems through innovative use of analytic methods and practical approaches to customer requirements
- An ability to take complicated, extensive and technical materials and synthesize them for consumption by an executive audience through create articulation of value message
- Business understanding of how analytical software tools, techniques and methodologies lead to quantifiable results (or a demonstrated ability to quickly acquire the required knowledge)
- Strong business and financial acumen, with a penchant for marketing
- Proven track record delivering complex messages to executive audiences through first principles thinking
- The ability to work and learn both independently and as part of a team and ability to interact with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Location: Pune or Mumbai preferred. Bangalore could also be considered.
- Pre-Sales and Solutions/Services marketing experience
- Management Consulting experience
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in India and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.