Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Fraud Technical Consultant to provide fraud analytical services independently or jointly with other departments to current and prospective customers. Develop statistical and analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and products.
- Provides fraud and security intelligence consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translates customer business needs into data requirements, fraud scenarios and investigation workflow.
- Conducts customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of SAS DI and VI software
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of SAS Viya VA/VDMML/VTA/ SAS Studio
- Experience in deployment/operationalization of fraud and security intelligence solution on SAS Viya Cloud.
- Proficiency in fraud and security intelligence investigation techniques in Banking /Government domains.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials.
- Provides coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides support for services that contain a statistical/analytical component.
- Meets with consulting clients as part of fraud and security intelligence team.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience working on data and fraud Analytics Projects. Experience using the SAS system preferred. Some public speaking experience preferred.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of at least one operating system (i.e., Unix, Windows).
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming/Scripting and Service Oriented Architecture is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate with people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Basic understanding of analytical concepts and methods.
- Familiarity with programming languages; knowledge of statistics using the SAS System or a comparable analytical tool.
- Becomes familiar with SAS procedures and products.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- May travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.