JMP, a division of SAS, is seeking a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer in our Mexico / Latin America territory to join our team. In this role, you will provide technical pre-sale and post-sale support to JMP clients utilizing extensive knowledge of industry and industry statistical processes.
- Utilizing strategic selling techniques with an Account Executive and an Inside Sales.
- Representative to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives for targeted accounts.
- Preparing custom presentations and product demonstrations based on opportunity analysis.
- Providing timely follow up and communications to prospects and JMP team.
- JMP deployment planning implementation in conjunction with Account Executive.
- Customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction and growth.
- Working effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
- Customizing, presenting, and evaluating sales seminars.
- Providing support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Assisting with training of staff.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry personnel.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up in a technical role.
Essential Experience Required:
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Significant experience in technical pre-sales, technical marketing, technical support, or a related area
- 1 or more year(s) of experience using applied statistics in an industry
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Up to 50% travel within the Mexican / Latin American territory area is required.
- Preferred location: Mexico / Latin America
- Experience in a quantitative field applying analytics or statistics using JMP or SAS in one of our industry domains.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information on US Equal Employment Opportunity, read more here: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.