Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the CxP Risk manager for SWE will provide support for pre-sales activities of the SAS Risk value propositions. The position will be based in Paris (France) and the main responsibility will be the preparation and execution of a business plan to support the market development of the SAS risk solutions in the French banking industry. But it will also part of the regional team providing support to opportunities in other countries. SWE CxP Risk team manage presales activities in the following countries: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain and Portugal.
You should be continuously updated on the regulatory requirements and best practices in the risk areas like credit risk, ALM and stress testing providing functional knowledge about the business processes of the financial companies.
- Participate in the commercialization of the solutions of the Risk value propositions: contribute both with business and technical knowledge.
- Business processes
- Regulatory requirements
- SAS solutions technical knowledge
- Develop trusting relationships with the sales and customer teams, so that they can take advantage of their domain and / or business / industry experience to increase the company's credibility and communicate the company's value proposition. Ensuring that appropriate expectations are set to ensure customer satisfaction. This typically involves conducting presentations, software demos, as appropriate for the sales situation, and proof of concept.
- Discuss the sales strategy with the sales team on the expected objectives in the opportunities with clients and build a joint business plan.
- Know the value proposition of the software and the company in the assigned areas to be able to clearly express how the company differs from the competition, to boost sales / pre-sales, to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS.
- Participate in the response to RFI / RFP or business case requests, developing complete and convincing responses and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
- Perform other tasks that are assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Deep knowledge of the Financial Services industry (Banking), in the area of Risk Management. Additional knowledge of the Insurance industry would be very valuable.
- Business process analysis;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated project leadership skills;
- Customer and results oriented.
- Native French speaker with a good level of English.
- Knowledge of the tools, applications and solutions of the SAS system;
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Experience in supporting the sales team (conducting presentations and demos, responding to RFP / RFI and being able to give answers to commercial / technical questions)
- Skills to interact with various functional teams (i.e. with other regional teams, marketing, consulting, sales, Product Managers, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Engineering;
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.