Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Technical Account Manager who will be based in Tervuren (BE). Being part of the Western Europe Customer Advisory organization, you will play a key role in delivering pre-sales and technical expertise for key SAS customers. As Technical Account Manager, you establish and build broad relationships with our customer, identify strategic opportunities, bringing the necessary domain and SAS expertise to assist with the development of new sales initiatives as well as existing SAS implementations. Main focus areas:
- You communicate and present current SAS technologies and solutions as well as future direction.
- You lead teams working with the Account Executive in all customer related activities involving SAS while ensuring highest customer satisfaction.
- You help to ensure that the customer maximizes the value of their SAS purchase and ensures adoption ultimately resulting in the preservation of our renewal revenue.
- You provide follow-up support in disseminating technical across both organizations.
- Engage client at executive and other levels to nurture and enhance relationship.
- Deliver up-to-date information on our capabilities including roadmap and strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain a strategic partnership with the client.
- Serves as the primary technical contact between the Account Executive, Systems Engineer, and other services available on all pre-sales activity.
- Works with SAS Professional Services to coordinate pre-sales efforts with paid consulting opportunity.
- Acts as the strategic advisor to SAS users and customer IT management.
- Assists the Account Executive in developing and moving sales leads and opportunities forward.
- Works with Account Executive to learn about customer business, identify latent pain, and set priorities on specific action items.
- Partners with sales team to develop and manage overall Account Engagement Plan (AEP) that documents all SSOs, Action Plans, the support resources (SE, consulting, etc.) required for each step, and the timeframes for all elements.
- Compiles status reports and ensures that account action items are completed and/or escalates to appropriate level of management when needed.
- Documents how SAS is being used throughout the account. May periodically recommend changes or enhancements.
- Promotes use of other SAS technology, solutions and resources (consulting, technical support, training, conferences) available to ensure optimal use and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitive marketplace as well as key competitors at client.
What we’re looking for
- Trilingual French - Dutch - English
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Analytics environment at a software/system integrator. Ideally knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources.
- Proven experience in pre-sales (e.g. scoping, planning, pricing, preparing statements of work, risk assessment, requirements, translation of requirements into deliverables). You should have an insight into the mechanics of how organizations can get the best out of their IT solutions
- Well-rounded Business Acumen, being able to leverage practical knowledge and understanding of recent technology tools, solutions, and trends to improve work results, solve work problems, and take advantage of new business opportunities.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Result focused.
- Ability to travel.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.