Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you are building a plan to help a customer optimise supply chains, developing ways to help increase profitability or finding ways of reducing costs. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
To keep up with the customer demand, we are looking for a consultative sales professional to join our UKI team selling to and managing some of our largest customers in the UK Retail industry.
You will be a valued member of the Sales team and will be responsible for selling one of our fastest growing product lines - SAS Cloud Software solutions.
As a world leader in Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, SAS is at the very forefront of many of the industry’s latest trends. We help market leading organisations turn data about customers, performance, financials and IoT devices into information they can use to innovate and drive transformation within their business.
- Strive to develop a deep understanding of your customers, their strategies and business goals to become a trusted advisor in data and analytics
- Consult with your customers to identify relevant opportunities and work closely with the customer to develop a clear business case with robust business value statements
- Develop 2-3 year account plans and strategies in collaboration with the customer considering the existing SAS user communities and where our analytics platform and industry solutions could bring most value
- Work closely with pre-sales resources and other SAS technology teams to support your customers journey from on-premise software to realise the benefits of public and private cloud
- Maintain existing and develop new revenue across software, consulting, services and education offerings to deliver year on year revenue growth
- Contribute to UK Retail go-to-market strategies using your industry and client knowledge
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of the Retail industry or a domain within the industry
- Strong commercial awareness and able to engage both business and technology communities across your accounts and identify appropriate opportunities
- Experience of leading internal teams across marketing, sales, pre-sales, delivery and partner organisations to deliver a range of solutions which can be complex solutions with global reach
- Experience of our core solution areas including analytics platforms, data management and visualisation to support Digital, Pricing, Marketing, Claims, Forecasting, Fraud and Risk business challenges.
- Able to develop clear long-term account plans and strategies that inform and lead the wider SAS teams to deliver value to our customers and to use your resources in the most efficient manner
- An ability to lead opportunities with sales cycles that vary from 3 - 18 months
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Be willing and able to travel.
- Have mastered basic sales techniques.
- Understand buying influences and cycles of software and hardware.
- Work well on your own and as part of a team.
- Accurately evaluate a territory and develop a strong sales plan.
- Connect business concepts to SAS’ products and customer needs.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
We like to keep an open mind at SAS, so if you think you could succeed in this role but you don’t quite have all the skills and experience necessary, we would still love to hear from you