Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to work with our Pre-Sales Consultants to build customer value and drive business into our large customers in financial services industry. In this role, you will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory. Preferable in financial services industry.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
- Works closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
- Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Customizes and sells solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings.
- Utilizes BASE or Strategic selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
- Conducts significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites.
- Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, policies and procedures, marketing goals and objectives, SAS System applications, hardware platforms, market trends and business and industry knowledge.
- Sets goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Actively participates in sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs, and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Applies knowledge of Institute marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
- Assumes responsibility for all activity in accounts and new revenue, both software and services, works with consulting staff to position service solutions and leverage sales opportunities.
- Directs internal Institute resources, including pre-sales and post-sales services, contracts, etc. in order to reach objectives.
- Assumes consultative role in dealing with technical issues and interpreting applications needs; prepares customer profiles based on needs analysis of hardware, software, applications, and user levels.
- Prepares complex quotations and proposal information as needed; works to customize quotes and proposals and to coordinate resources across divisions.
- Conducts extensive follow-up with customers to track satisfaction levels and uncover additional opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Able to initiate and lead projects;
- Able to work effectively in a team environment;
- Able to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Able to travel on a frequent basis.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.