Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Inside Sales Account Representative to work both collaboratively with the field sales organizations and independently to position and leverage sales opportunities in order to acquire, grow and retain customers within the assigned territory.
- Focus on leads generation and qualification for SAS products to current and prospective customers.
- Participate in the development/execution of strategic territory plans.
- Fulfill a wide range of requests for information from current and prospective customers; qualifies level of opportunity
- Support the Territory Sales Executive to generate incremental revenue through lead follow up, social selling, prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities within a territory or account.
- Identifies accounts with high “close” potential, qualifies opportunities thoroughly
- Prioritize sales engagements, customer inquiries and other activities to maximize revenue and territory performance.
- Follows up with customers to manage account relationship and to uncover additional opportunities.
- Establish relationships with varying levels of buyers within current and prospective accounts to determine software, service and training needs.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, terminologies, basic software applications, operating systems, and hardware requirements. Keeps track of product availability and software bundles.
- Use internal CRM to keep business information accurate and up to date.
- Identify and facilitate various internal and external partner resources throughout sales cycle.
- Develop an understanding of company pricing, policies and licensing procedures. Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Generate opportunities and or appointments and by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers.
- Align and work with marketing and the Territory Sales Executive for mid-market campaigns
What we’re looking for
- Applies advanced prospecting and strategic selling techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware and software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging C-levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts via phone and relate them to SAS system applications and user needs.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales on a consistent basis.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of industry/market trends and complex business / finance concepts in selling.
- Broad knowledge of SAS products and solutions required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring. #LI-AS2
Salary range: $98,000 - 105,000 base + super + incentive
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.