Sr. Business Development Manager - Public Safety / Intelligence / Defense (LATAM)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager for Public Safety / Intelligence / Defense, to develop and manage the relationship between SAS, current or prospective customers and the partner ecosystem by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at the target entities in LATAM.
As primary responsibilities you will:
- Build customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives. Develop and manage strong and effective working relationships with key decision makers, influencers, engineers and business development contacts at targeted public entities.
- Participate in Government and Trade organizations, attend to industry events to promote SAS and identify new opportunities.
- Generate customer new demands directly or through business partner relationship management programs. These can cover from content design through implementation and track the results to ensure that objectives are met.
- Gain preference for SAS among top integrators, using program managers, capture leads, centers of excellence, and matrixed analytic groups.
- Track long-term programs (18 mo. +) and establish awareness and preference for SAS solutions.
- Work close to marketing, sales and R&D groups to translate business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Develop strategic direction from industry trends and market information and create compelling proposals that effectively differentiate SAS from competitors.
- Act as an experienced business leader, identify and communicate areas for improved sales practices and processes.
What we’re looking for
- A knowledgeable professional with five years of minimum experience in sales, business development or business partner management.
- A track of building strategies for business partner relationships, development of technical functions within the technology industry and knowledge of the public safety area.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or other relevant discipline.
The nice to haves
- Relationship within public safety entities and business partners in LATAM would be a great differentiator.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Need little instruction/supervision on day-to-day work to develop and deliver what is expected by the company.
- Will have to work on problems solving of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action