Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an Account Executive to work with our Customer Advisory to build customer value and drive business into our large customers in financial services and insurance industry. In this role, you will be responsible for full cycle sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfils wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
- Works closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
- Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years’ experience selling software solutions to enterprise customers with a focus on Analytics, SaaS, AI/ML and Cloud.
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan; Value based selling to senior executives.
- Experience and expertise selling to senior decision makers and aligning the value proposition of SAS capabilities to meet enterprise needs.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to relate SAS capabilities needs to enterprise challenges within banking and insurance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
*Candidate with lesser experience will be considered in a role commensurate with their seniority.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
*This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when position aligned to your skillset is available. This is a great way to ensure that you are in our talent pipeline to be considered for positions across the business.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.