Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
About the Role:
The Director of Asia Pacific Customer Advisory drives thought leaderships, regional technical excellence through enablement and alignment of country based resources, and expansion of future resourcing into industry domain and XaaS support.
Assists in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution and the establishment of best practices that drive SAS revenue in APAC.
- Drives thought leadership activities and support early sales cycle on emerging technologies or global strategic initiatives by understanding SAS and newer Data and AI industry trends which are relevant to our customers.
- Works with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering leadership to develop growth strategies including the determination of new solution offerings, relevance of new corporate software releases to countries and utilization of corporate standard sales tools
- Analyzes cost and effort of customer advisory support to support continued transformation of SAS into XaaS offerings
- Drives execution, and any localization, of required product, technical and skills enablement/training which is required for the continued development of customer advisory team members. For localization, responsible for the consistency in content to align with global
- Responsible for the curation of field-developed sales enablement assets to better leverage AP pre-sales IP and communication with global on technology requirements to support customer advisory field execution
- Supports creation of Value propositions by providing relevant input from Asia Pacific customer and go-to-market requirements.
- Lead regional industry resources to support driving SAS domain knowledge into additional industries. Assist in understanding of sub-industry strategies which drive largest customer impact and align hiring to support.
- Lead regional XaaS support resources to:
- Align global adoption frameworks which enable local customer success execution for relevant customers through collaboration with in-country resources
- Direct value engineers to support strategic sales cycle and document customer use cases
- Primary point of contact to advocate for customers advisory leadership on their needs to global organization to support field execution for current and future requirements.
- Works with senior sales leadership to optimize the delivery of pre-sales proof of concept/value engagements
- Develop and implement AP pre-sales engagement model for our Partners
- Reports to SVP, APAC Sales
- Plays a key role in the AP Sales Leadership team and supporting hiring and mentoring of country based Customer Advisory Leadership
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to develop business and sales strategies
- Experience leading a regional and matrixed team, understanding the culture and nuances associated with it
- Proven ability to navigate a large network of stakeholders, both within the team structure and across other stakeholders, to gain consensus and participation in desired objectives
- Proven ability to identify emerging opportunity areas and develop initiatives maximize outcomes
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or quantitative field. Knowledge of advanced selling methodologies and practices. Knowledge of company’s marketing concepts.
- Extensive travel required
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.