Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Testing Engineer for JMP System work as part of China-based software testing team in cooperation with SAS HQ software development team in the United States. This role will provide the testing and development service in professional level during development cycle of JMP products.
- Be responsible for testing JMP software in several different configurations across Windows and Macintosh. Responsibilities will be at both the application level and the functional level.
- Develop test data and usage scenarios by working with the marketing team, find and report customer relevant issues.
- Create, run and report portable and repeatable automated testware to cover commonly used paths within JMP.
- Learn and use JMP’s scripting language to develop programmatic unit tests to run nightly.
- An assertive can-do attitude and an energetic approach to covering the software pragmatically and systematically are required.
- Use SAS’s DEFECTS system to report and prioritize issues that are found for the development team.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years’ experience as a member of a software testing team, Experience with test automation software.
- Ability to think analytically and to effectively communicate problems and suggest fixes.
- Ability to conduct independent research, gathering information from multiple sources and communicate recommendations to the development team.
- Ability to research and learn new software techniques employed in a variety of disciplines and fields.
- Ability to give specific, constructive feedback and exert positive influence.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborating with other testers, developers, documentation staff members as well as technical support.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in adapting to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Having BI or data visualization testing experience is a plus
- Experience using scripting tools (Windows batch files, Linux
shell scripts, Python, etc.) to automate repeated tasks
- Experience using popular DBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and etc.)
- Proficiency in macOS/Linux
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.