Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Associate Technical Consultant to provide consulting and implementation service including requirements gathering, analysis, solution development, knowledge transfer and project closeout both off and on customer site, whilst ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provides timely, professional and quality delivery outputs on assigned projects, leveraging expertise in the application of specific SAS technologies, solutions, methodologies, and project experiences.
- Understands, utilises and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support implementations across solution domains
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products
- Contributes to detailed technical documentation as required, such as requirements, design, administration and user guides.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works and collaborates with others on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- May conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation.
- May lead knowledge transfer sessions internal and/or with customers.
- Participate in project requirements gathering.
- Participates in the design process.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Typically requires minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience with the following operating systems; Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server
- Experience with one or more of the following: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux or Centos
- System Administration – either operating system or application
- Ability to quickly learn SAS installation and Configuration skills
- Understanding of architectural concepts including storage, security (authentication, authorization and networking, visualization concepts, load balancing and proxy servers, Cloud technologies.
- Experience configuring and creating TLS (SSL) certificates
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer engagement and presentation skills
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Australian Citizen
- Ability to travel in ANZ
Other desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Fundamental understanding of SAS products, architecture, SAS platform administration peripheral technologies and implementation best practices.
- Experience in deploying software in Cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Experience in container technologies – Kubernetes and Docker
- Understand Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods
- Developing problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently identify and troubleshoot bugs and issues within the code base and provide problem resolution.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Australia, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.