Solution Consultants – Fraud / Risk / Customer Intelligence (USA / MEXICO)
SAS consultants transform a world of data into a world of intelligence. Our mantra is ‘Be curious’ and we practice this daily by finding creative and innovative solutions to continually exceed customer expectations. The team needs smart, caring, bold, and trustworthy individuals to join us in inspiring customers with the most trusted analytics.
SAS CEO Dr. Goodnight has said that the company’s most valuable asset are the employees, and SAS’ award-winning culture makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. That means we push boundaries daily and at SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
The America’s Consulting Desk is an extension to the United States Professional Services organization supporting customers within the US region. As a Solution Consultant, you will be expected to apply your technical and soft skills to solving customer’s business problems across focused solution domains and will work towards becoming an expert in one or several SAS Solutions. You will work with other team members using a broad set of technical skills delivering solutions that helps people make better decisions. Your role as a Solution Consultant may include:
- Requirements Collection, Customer Expectation Setting, Project Planning
- Solution Architecture and Design
- Software Configuration and Implementation using technical skills and disciplines
- Planning, execution and support of implementation testing phases
- Training and Knowledge Transfer of customer staff
- General customer and implementation support
- Transition to hosting and ongoing support organizations within SAS or on customer sites
- Harvesting assets and tools for standardization and faster time to value.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working and collaborating with others on consulting projects and special projects
- Demonstrating software capabilities to customers through live demonstrations
- Collecting implementation requirements and translating into a solution design within project constraints of timelines and budget
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Understanding, utilizing, and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Implementing SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Leveraging detailed technical knowledge to support implementations across industries.
- Providing feedback to key stakeholders within SAS to improve software features and create implementation efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science or relevant area
- 1-2 years consulting experience systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support Experience programming with the SAS programming language
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
- Excellent English communication skills (reading, writing and speaking).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in one of the following:
- Digital Marketing or Campaign Management and has worked with SAS Campaign Management Solutions, SAS CI360 or Salesforce, Adobe or Pega Marketing applications.
- Financial Services (Banking or Insurance) with experience using Financial Systems such as General Ledger Actuarial or Risk Management (Expected Credit Loss, Stress testing, Long Duration Targeted Improvements) or related areas.
- Financial Crimes and/or Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
- Experience with Data Warehousing technologies and concepts
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools such as SAS Visual Analytics
- Experience with database technologies. (SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, etc)
- Experience with cloud software or cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with SAS Solutions such as SAS Anti-Money Laundering or SAS Visual Investigator
Many US Consulting projects can be completed with no travel, however there are some customers that require onsite presence during an implementation. Employees travel preferences are kept in mind when management assigns project work. This position is located in the SAS Mexico City office.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.