Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Cloud Architect to play a leading role in delivering technical expertise for SAS analytics platforms and solutions into the broader architecture and strategy of our customers.
This role implies understanding the entire SAS portfolio of technology, with emphasis on SAS Viya, and its integration and installation methods, alongside other technologies. You will need a solid understanding of data architecture concepts and thorough experience in creating secure cloud architecture for enterprise applications.
- take the lead to advice our customers on how to set up the processes and usage of the SAS Software
- prepare the client-organization for the implementation phase and beyond including involvement of partners.
- help to set up a cloud minded culture and create a balance between short term and long-term strategies.
- Solution and result oriented, you will work closely with our customers, colleagues from Consulting and Pre-Sales and partners to realize an optimal customer satisfaction and business profit.
What we’re looking for
- Education: Master degree or equivalent
- Significant experience in business consulting, Previous work experience of at least 5 years in a similar role
- Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Solid understanding of Function-as-a-Service (serverless architecture)
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
- Willing to acquire the technical knowledge of core SAS technology
- Ability to work independently but also proactively with others for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer as part of SAS one-team
- Highly commercial attitude, active listener
- Able to work against deadlines, stress tolerant and flexible
- May travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. This position requires full proficiency in written and spoken English and preferably Dutch or French.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.