JMP – Inside Sales Rep
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS - JMP, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
JMP is a business unit of SAS that produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery. Pronounced “jump,” its name suggests a leap in interactivity, a move in a new direction. John Sall, SAS co-founder and Executive Vice President, created this dynamic software and remains its chief architect and leader of the JMP division. Introduced in 1989 with scientists and engineers in mind, JMP has grown into a family of statistical discovery products used worldwide in almost every industry. From its beginnings, JMP software has empowered its users by enabling interactive analytics on the desktop.
What you’ll do
Here at JMP we are passionate about empowering scientists and engineers to explore data visually. We are constantly expanding our global footprint, selling to new territories and building strong relationships with new and existing customers.
We are looking to strengthen our EMEA Sales team function by hiring an experienced Sales professional to sell JMP software products to current and prospective customers.
You will be responsible for finding new business and managing existing accounts where you will have ownership of the full sales cycle through to close. You will be responsible for sales of JMP software products in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- Work in a fast-paced, highly transactional B2B sales environment for the largest privately owned software vendor globally who constantly ranks high in workplace awards.
- Be the point of contact for implementing all aspects of territory and account management. . Fulfil a wide range of requests for information from current and prospective customers; qualify level of opportunity and appropriate resources required.
- Generate leads through prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities.
- Partner with current and potential customers to schedule meetings, demos and make recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with the JMP field sales organization to position and leverage sales opportunities.
- Have exposure to leading engineering, manufacturing and life sciences companies
- Receive formal sales training and career development.
What we’re looking for
- Relevant previous experience, with a successful track-record, in the sales of computer software solutions or scientific and engineering hardware (including products and services related to JMP’s target markets). Specific experience related to JMP’s target markets may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- This is primarily a new business role which suits a focused and high-activity sales person. The new revenue comes from new-name accounts and also existing customers where the sales opportunities need to be uncovered and developed
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to JMP software and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of sales techniques; knowledge of software acquisitions cycles and buying influences
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.