Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
Our Risk solutions are designed to help senior risk executives and heads of risk departments. SAS Risk solutions cover the following areas:
- Credit scoring & internal rating
- Regulatory risk management
- Asset Liability Management and Banking Book Interest Rate Return
- Stress testing
- IFRS 9 and IFRS 17
- Risk measurement, including market, counterparty credit & operational risk
- Governance, risk & compliance
- Capital planning & stress testing
- Data management, reporting & dashboarding.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a technologist with strong risk expertise to strengthen our risk consulting capabilities in AP with a focus on IFRS17/ Insurance Risk solutions.
Provide consulting services focusing on Risk solutions, including solution development, implementation and project closeout at customer sites, assist sales teams with sales activities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
You will be working across APAC and across risk solutions (Initial focus will be on IFRS17). Curiosity and willingness to travel should be part of your personal DNA.
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Leverage detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across Risk solutions.
- Serve as a lead consultant or oversight capacity for Risk projects; effectively oversee delivery of the solution, production of the deliverables and coach/develop staff.
- Gather and analyze clients' functional requirements converting them into effective solution designs.
- Proactively identify and assess project risk and produces actions to resolve or contingency plans; where necessary escalating to management.
- Coach/Train the client in the use of the application/business solution, either formally or through 1-1 knowledge transfer.
- Present design/solution/application to the client, as appropriate, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Bring industry knowledge to bear for accounting, risk intelligence and modeling.
- Develop and present strategies and roadmaps for clients and prospects in the area of risk intelligence.
- Facilitate workshops/meetings/demos with clients (including C level), SAS and/or industry personnel.
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience in Consulting, Risk, Actuarial or equivalent areas.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Actuarial science, Mathematics/statistics, Business or Computer Science.
- FRM or CFA certification is a plus.
- Managed/led Finance/risk projects in the insurance/banking sector.
- Knowledge of IFRS17 is a definite advantage.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in SAS Risk solutions or relevant similar solutions for Financial risk or IFRS preferred
- Knowledge of SAS products (is a plus), peripheral technologies and implementation best practices for designing complex, multi-solution architectures.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.