Title: Manager, Pune SAS Cloud Application Operations
Manager, IT – SAS Cloud/MAS (Operational Management Role)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do:
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do:
The SAS Cloud team delivers Hosted SAS Solutions across a global footprint of cloud providers and delivers more localized Remote Managed Services in strategic global locations. This management level position has responsibility for the day-to-day performance and health of the Application Operations team in Pune, India. This center is accountable for ensuring excellent customer experiences for all SAS Cloud customers. The SAS Cloud team is a global delivery and support team that is tightly matrixed with other regional service delivery Centers of Excellence and global resource hubs.
This position has primary responsibility of the ongoing 24x365 service and support of new and established customers SAS Solutions for SAS Cloud customers. In addition to the primary function noted above, this Manger will also have responsibility for resources within the Application Operations Pune office, assigned to APAC SAS Cloud customers/service delivery.
The daily activities of these teams include SAS Enterprise Software deployment and upgrades, configuration and integration, system administration, monitoring, incident management, problem management, configuration and change management, security management and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services.
In addition to the day-to-day operational management of the team, this role will interface with local and global leadership and act as an escalation point for the operational aspects of the Shared Services Center in Pune, India.
You will lead the team with training, expertise, mentoring, and best practices related to enterprise application technology, architecture, and support. You will work with global Product R&D, Technical Support, and CIS teams to drive customer satisfaction and ensure service quality across all our SAS Cloud Hosted and Remote Managed Service environments.
You will guide and lead the team in efforts to improve quality, efficiency, and automation around service delivery tasks. A keen eye for continuous improvement and a passion to drive it in all aspects of the job is required.
- Hires and retains outstanding talent focused on customer delivery and support
- Active member of the Pune SAS Cloud leadership team
- Advise on potential improvements and anticipate future needs for our business
- Works with the global SAS Cloud Leadership team and Service Owners to establish, improve and scale the teams responsible for SAS Cloud offerings
What we’re looking for:
- Curious, Passionate, Authentic and Accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- 5+ years of management experience leading Operational, customer-facing, and cloud focused service delivery teams
- 5+ years’ experience with demonstrated success in delivering and supporting mission-critical enterprise software services
- Experience with managing & communicating with technical & non-technical personnel, in service delivery teams
- Experience managing global workload distribution and managing production level customer environments
- Experience managing multiple priorities and effectively communicating expectations
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal
- Management and Delivery for Application Operations services at SAS for hosted customers
- Management and professional development of highly motivated Operations engineers
- Handle escalations and assist in creation of RCAs in order to plan for future prevention and service improvements
- Ability to perform technical tasks assigned to the team
- Providing technical input for installation/configuration/service/support of enterprise software for SAS customers hosted globally across private and public cloud
- Research, analysis, and testing of new technologies
- Development and implementation of standards
- Acting as the primary contact for work streams and escalations
- Working across team boundaries for collaborative issue resolution
- Support global external and internal customers negotiating any challenges presented by different cultures, work practices, and time zones
- Ability to work flexible business hours as required by global customers / business needs
- Open and frequent communication on team dynamics, Delivery milestones and operational status
- Adopt and adhere to all ITSM processes, as defined by the Service Management team.
- Support and actively contribute to the successful establishment and capability growth of the Global CIS Shared Service Centre (SSC) and Centers of Excellence (CoE).
- Evangelize CIS internally and externally. Lead by example through behaviors in accordance with our Company Values, take ownership, and offer transparent, professional communication in all interactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Applications or a related discipline.
- 13+ years of experience in managing and supporting enterprise software environments
- Proven ability to manage, track, and prioritize escalations and incidents to deliver application services within stipulated SLAs
- Proven ability to work across team boundaries
- Problem-solving skills, Quick Learner and a can-do attitude.
- Attention to detail and accuracy - while maintaining a solid awareness of the ‘big picture’.
- Ability to communicate with global peers and management in a clear, straightforward and effective way.
- Good knowledge of SaaS, CI/CD
- Ability to identify technical gaps/areas for improvement within application hosting and propose solutions
- Troubleshoot software problems (installation/configuration/performance)
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell etc.) experience
- Proven organization and documentation skills
The nice to haves:
- SAS Software Experience
- ITIL certifications and/or experience (ITIL v3/v4)
- Knowledge of Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud – COMPUTE, STORAGE, NETWORK, SECURITY
- Know-how – Authentication techniques and their integration
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- ITSM Technologies (JIRA, ServiceNow) awareness and usage
- Multi-lingual proficiency (English language is required)