Title: Manager, Pune SAS Cloud Build Services
Level: Manager, IT – SAS Cloud/MAS (Operational Management Role)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do:
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
The SAS Cloud team delivers Hosted SAS Solutions across a global footprint of cloud providers and delivers more localized Remote Managed Services in strategic global locations. This is a global delivery and support team that is tightly matrixed with other regional service delivery Centers of Excellence and global resource hubs. The team is accountable for ensuring excellent customer experiences for all SAS Cloud customers.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the technical onboarding of SAS Cloud customer systems. In this function, you will have responsibility for the resources and day-to-day performance and health of the SAS Cloud Build Services (SCBS) Deployment team in Pune, India. This role will interface with local and global leadership and act as an escalation point for the operational aspects of the Shared Services Center in Pune, India.
The daily major activities of this team include:
- SAS Enterprise Software deployment and upgrades
- Configuration and Integration
- Fixing issues raised in QA/Testing
- SAS System Administration & Support
As an active member of the Pune SAS Cloud leadership team, you shall lead the Build Services Deployment team with training, expertise, mentoring and best practices related to enterprise application technology, architecture and support. You will work with global Product R&D, Technical Support, and CIS teams to drive customer satisfaction and ensure service quality across all our SAS Cloud Hosted and Remote Managed Service environments.
You will guide and lead the team in efforts to improve quality, efficiency, and automation around service delivery tasks. A keen eye for continuous improvement and a passion to drive it in all aspects of the job is required.
What we’re looking for:
- Curious, Passionate, Authentic and Accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- 7+ Years prior experience as Individual Contributor (Technical) with Software Deployments, Integrations, Administration or Support
- 5+ years of recent management experience leading Deployment or Operational service delivery teams that are customer-facing, and cloud focused
- Experience with managing & communicating with technical & non-technical personnel, in service delivery teams
- Experience managing multiple priorities and effectively communicating expectations
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal
- Management and Delivery for Deployment services at SAS for hosted customers
- Management and professional development of highly motivated Deployment engineers
- Hire and retain outstanding talent focused on customer delivery and support
- Ability to perform technical tasks assigned to the team
- Providing technical input for installation/configuration/service/support of enterprise software for SAS customers hosted globally across private and public cloud
- Research, analysis, and testing of new technologies
- Development and implementation of standards
- Acting as the primary contact for work streams and escalations
- Support global external and internal customers negotiating any challenges presented by different cultures, work practices, and time zones
- Ability to work flexible business hours as required by global customers / business needs
- Working across team boundaries for collaborative issue resolution
- Work with the global SAS Cloud Leadership team and Service Owners to establish, improve and scale the teams responsible for SAS Cloud offerings
- Open and frequent communication on team dynamics, Delivery milestones and operational status
- Grow Global Capabilities & Improve Autonomous Deliveries for Deployment Team.
- Challenge and Improve the service delivery expectations by defining and refining Service Health and Performance metrics
- Help to Improve end to end customer delivery times and expand product delivery portfolio for the team.
- Adopt and adhere to all ITSM processes, as defined by the Service Management team.
- Support and actively contribute to the successful establishment and capability growth of the Global CIS Shared Service Centre (SSC) and Centers of Excellence (CoE).
- Evangelize CIS internally and externally. Lead by example through behaviors in accordance with our Company Values, take ownership, and offer transparent, professional communication in all interactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Applications or a related discipline.
- Overall 13+ years of experience as an individual contributor + managing and supporting enterprise software environments & Teams
- Talent Acquisition, Coaching, Development & Succession with proven ability to foster an environment of positive employee engagement and trust in a globally distributed organization
- Proven ability to manage, track, and prioritize escalations and incidents to deliver application services within stipulated SLAs
- Problem-solving skills, Quick Learner and a can-do attitude.
- Attention to detail and accuracy - while maintaining a solid awareness of the ‘big picture’.
- Ability to communicate with global peers and management in a clear, straightforward and effective way.
- Good knowledge of SaaS, CI/CD
- Ability to identify technical gaps/areas for improvement within application hosting and propose solutions
- Troubleshoot software problems (installation/configuration/performance)
- Employee Development tools and techniques
The nice to haves:
- SAS Software Experience
- ITIL certifications and/or experience (ITIL v3/v4)
- Knowledge of Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud – COMPUTE, STORAGE, NETWORK, SECURITY
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell etc.) experience
- Know-how – Authentication techniques and their integration
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- JIRA/Confluence and ServiceNow awareness and usage
- Multi-lingual proficiency (English language is required)