Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As Industry Consultant in the Risk and Finance Advisory team you will assist SAS and its customers to shape the best solution for their Risk and Financial Management needs. This includes to advise on implementation, service estimates, product content creation, to engage with customers during sales processes, support on proof of concept efforts, perform implementation training and in general enable SAS consultants and partners globally.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
- Responsible for sales tool development, including use cases and proof of concepts.
- Coaches the sales force on banking focused account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develops banking specific sales strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner. Activities include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Supports thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements and involvement with key industry organizations.
- Supports pre-sales and sales enablement through sales and partner training programs.
- Leads customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identifies industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and demonstrations to peers, regional and local pre-sales and customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of banking solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Required to travel on a frequent basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Must be a passionately curious, dedicated life-long learner with an analytical mind, strong communication skills to convey the technical to a non-technical audience, and an accountable problem-solving disposition
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience on Risk or Financial Management solutions within a financial institution or consulting firms.
- BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative field preferred
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues on risk and finance technical topics
- Ability to travel at least 50% globally (most travel is domestic). Candidates must be located near a major airport
- Experience with third or fourth generation computer programing language and risk modeling
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Globally recognized risk certifications such as FRM, CFA, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex math and statistical concepts to an executive audience
- Experience with capital measurement and loss forecasting models
- Expertise in regulatory compliance guidelines such as CCAR, EBA Stress-testing, ICAAP, Basel II/III, Dodd-Frank, Solvency II and other risk management regulations
- MS in Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Accounting or other quantitative field
- Additional risk domain knowledge considered valuable – market risk, credit risk, enterprise risk, and/or operational risk. Finance experience a plus
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience driving risk implementation teams in the financial services industry with specific focus on risk management applications and consulting services
- Experience working with SAS Risk Solutions and SAS Programming
We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.