As a Performance Engineer in the Centralized R&D Performance Engineering team, person will have an opportunity to collaborate with performance engineers, developers and stake holders in Pune and Cary to plan, execute and publish performance results for existing as well as new products. The person will work with cutting edge technologies and tools using industry standard performance tools, methodologies and processes to performance test different products and solutions on customer-centric scenarios.
Duties will include:
o Performance test planning, scripting and execution using different industry standard tools.
o Perform load tests to validate system and solution performance and stability.
o Analysing performance test results, observe and identify bottlenecks using APM tools as well as System level utilities.
o Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability, and scalability.
o Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions.
o Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvement
o Evaluate system performance and recommend improvements.
o Generate periodic performance reports for product stake holders.
• Strong experience in performance testing large scale web-based distributed applications & working on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
• Solid experience in Microfocus Performance Center and multiple protocols (HTTP, TruClient, Java etc.).
• Strong knowledge of any APM tool like AppDynamics/Dynatrace or Datadog.
• Good Knowledge of JMeter/Gatling or one of the open source tools
• Knowledge cloud infrastructures and technologies (Azure, AWS, Containers, Kubernetes etc.) and exposure to cloud-based applications will be an added advantage.
• Good programing aptitude
• Good understanding of SQL
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good knowledge of Linux and Windows and cloud technologies is mandatory.
• Knowledge of ETL based solutions will be an added advantage