Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you are building a plan to help a customer optimise supply chains, developing ways to help increase profitability or finding ways of reducing costs. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Responsible for selling SAS’ products to current and prospective customers, as part of the Commercial Major Accounts team. Part of your role will involve working collaboratively with the field sales organisations. You will also work independently to position and leverage sales opportunities, in order to acquire, grow and retain your own customers within the assigned territory. You will be joining an established team, where you will be assigned a mentor and a personal development plan that will support your enablement and career aspirations.
- Focus on incremental sales of SAS products to current and prospective customers
- Qualify BANT: Budget, Authority, Needs and Timescales for all new opportunities
- Advance opportunities either directly, working with Field Sales or working with SAS Partners
- Involve the most appropriate channel/resource for any demonstrations or field visits
- Prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed; work with other SAS departments to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements
- Support Marketing, Field Sales, Retention team and Business Development (BD) team in Campaigns to promote SAS Products/Services to existing and prospective customers
- Generate incremental revenue through lead follow up, social selling, prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities within a territory or account.
- Follow-up warm/hot leads sent through from BD team, Field Sales or Retention team.
- Proactively maintain lead reporting within the SAS CRM system (Orion) and either qualify out, or promote to a sales opportunity in a timely manner within the system
- You will be responsible for adding a targeted amount of new Stage1 opportunities every month into the Orion CRM system
- Follow up with customers to manage account relationship and to uncover additional opportunities
- Look for opportunities to cross-sell and upsell into existing customers with other SAS Products, Services and Education
- Regular communication with existing customers to ensure they are happy and that they are receiving value from their existing SAS investments
- Follow-up in a timely manner on any requests for commercial support from Field Sales, the Retention team or SAS Partners
- You will be responsible for a targeted amount of Renewal revenue in the Territory
- Create and maintain a Territory Plan that documents current and future activity to meet your core objectives
- Update Orion CRM: accurately forecast timeframes to close business and values. Build and maintain sufficient pipeline to achieve revenue goals on a rolling 12 month basis
- Develop an understanding of company pricing, policies and licensing procedures.
- Keep yourself constantly updated and trained on the latest SAS products and solutions relevant to your role and customers
What we’re looking for
- You will have good questioning and listening skills, to qualify customer’s business rationale, Budget, level of Authority, implicit & explicit Needs, and Timescales to act (BANT).
- You will be able to develop simple plans to advance deals, leveraging a broad knowledge of SAS products and solutions. When the deal is ready, you must be able to follow the contract process and Close.
- You will possess good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills using phone, email, LinkedIn etc. Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging senior decision makers.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales on a consistent basis.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- We like to keep an open mind at SAS, so if you think you could succeed in this role but you don’t quite have all the skills and experience necessary, we would still love to hear from you.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.