Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do:
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you will do:
Working as part of the Customer Advisory team, the Customer Solution Lead (CSL) leads and manages all strategic customer advisory / technical presales activities for a given set of opportunities aligned to the Financial Services Business Unit.
S/he serves as a confidante to the sales team to plan sales strategies and to engage the appropriate customer advisory resources to engage in specific sales opportunities. A Customer Solution Lead is an evangelist for the SAS strategy and solutions portfolio. S/he engages with the customers to ideate on new and innovative solutions and works closely with the team to architect solutions that solve our customer’s most complex business problems. S/he must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills and be able to mentor and coach the assigned team members in support of opportunity sales cycles.
The role will have a focus on SAS Analytics Platform (a collection of integrated AI, analytic, and data management solutions running on a scalable, cloud native architecture) and includes providing SAS Solution expertise to sales situations such as:
- Developing an understanding of clients’ current business strategies, requirements, and opportunities;
- Developing an understanding of the client’s existing business, solution and technical environment;
- Determining, defining, presenting and proposing SAS solutions (which could potentially include technology, services, infrastructure and hosting);
- Participating in and delivering presentations, workshops and briefings;
- Building and deploying analytical models in Open Source and/ or SAS to support demos and proofs of concept/capability;
- Supporting relevant components of formal proposals, Proof of Concepts, and RFP responses.
- Demonstrating and proving how the proposed solutions will deliver value to clients;
- Engaging with customers post-sale as-needed to ensure adoption;
- Leveraging SAS Enterprise Architects to determine how the proposed solutions would be architected within clients’ existing business and technical infrastructure.
- Supporting client needs with respect to the full analytics lifecycle (Data, Discovery, and Deployment)
- Significant hands-on experience with defining, developing and deploying analytically-based models in a business context (this could be based on experience as a practitioner, consulting, or technology sales);
- Extensive experience with analytically-related technologies, e.g.: SAS, AzureML, Databricks, open source technologies such as Python and R, etc.
- Experience with visualization tools such as SAS VA, MS Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following is highly desirable: forecasting, statistics, optimization, econometrics
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10+ years’ experience across a diverse set of industries, including Financial Services which is essential for this role.
- Bachelor's degree.
- High levels of proactivity, creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and thirst for knowledge. Goal oriented, competitive.
- Expertise in at least two of the following domains: data management, business intelligence, advanced analytics, AI.
- Knowledge and/or Expertise in Risk and Credit Risk Management is a plus
- Experience in defining business technology solutions, and how they will fit into clients’ business and technical environments including on-premises infrastructure, private and public clouds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn