SAS are currently looking to hire a Senior Account Manager to win, manage and develop Public Sector accounts in South Africa.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for the optimal fit to our core values that we exercise internally with our colleagues and externally with our clients and partners. We are seeking a high-caliber and seasoned sales professional and individual contributor who will contribute to the unique values that make SAS such a great place to work.
You should have experience in software solution and consultative selling, techno-functional skills, account planning and execution strategies, sound and effective business qualification, values fit and Public Sector accounts relationships in South Africa. Success in this role will require C-Level access and relationships, analytical thinking and problem solving, effective communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional negotiation capabilities, self-initiation, and innovative thinking. Candidates must have a track record in establishing presence, building solid relationships and concluding business with new accounts.
- Continually generate solid and qualified pipeline of software and services opportunities from the assigned territory of Public Sector accounts.
- Create, develop and close opportunities in new accounts to achieve the set individual monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
- Manage a team of sales and non-sales professionals directly or indirectly in order to achieve the set objectives for the assigned territory.
- Establish presence, build solid relationships and conclude business with new accounts/ logos.
- Work with the sales management team to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the right support is granted to the territory and the accounts.
- Set the right strategy to manage the territory of accounts in coordination with the sales management of the team while ensuring full engagement in the day to day operations and activities.
- Develop actionable account plans for the various accounts in the assigned territory in collaboration with the various support functions.
- Timely update of the internal systems related to the business and the forecast management.
- Orchestrate the overall management of bids, proposals, activities, meetings, agreements, etc. in close coordination with the various functions.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction that is secure through after sale continuous customer engagements.
- Ensure continuous engagement with accounts and clients during and after the projects implementation to ensure the consistency of the customer’s relationship experience and to safeguard the client engagement.
- Plan and execute the go to market strategies and plans in close coordination with the concerned team members and sales management with an objective to establish a significant growth potential in the territory.
- Develop a complete understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures based on the internal policies and procedures.
- Meet and exceed the set objectives and targets from software, services and maintenance contracts.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years’ software solution sales experience
- Proven success in selling software solutions to government & public sector organizations in South Africa
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Very strong account management expertise; building and developing trusted relationships with senior decision makers from various divisions, including C-level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a territory sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead initiatives and opportunities; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
Recruitment will be managed in line with SAS’ affirmative action measures in accordance with the Employment Equity Act, and as such candidates from designated groups will be preferred.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.