Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Technical Consultant to provide consulting and implementation service including requirements gathering, analysis, solution development, knowledge transfer and project closeout both off and on customer site; assist sales teams with relevant activities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with local and onshore teams in the delivery of functional and technical activities
- Participate in project requirements gathering
- Participates in the design process including detailed technical documentation as required
- Provides timely, professional and quality delivery outputs on assigned projects, leveraging expertise in the application of specific SAS technologies, solutions, methodologies, and project experiences.
- Works and collaborates with others on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- May conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation.
- May lead knowledge transfer sessions internally and/or with customers.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains including Proof of Concept and solution demonstrations.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Contributes to the creation and enhancement of internal processes to ensure efficiency of individual and team activities.
- Contributes to the establishment of reusable project implementation assets that can be leveraged by other teams in similar projects
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Typically requires minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable in Data Management preferably SAS
- With expertise in ETL processes
- Preferably with SAS Base programming skills
- Preferably with Application Management (Support, Maintenance) experience
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Fundamental understanding of SAS products, architecture, peripheral technologies and implementation best practices.
- Developing problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently identify and troubleshoot bugs and issues within the code base and provide problem resolution.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.