Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
In an Engagement Manager role with SAS, you will lead business development of consulting services and manage complex client engagements that result in services revenue growth. With a consultative selling approach, you are able to develop strategic conversations with senior stakeholders. Internally, as a bridge between sales/ presales and delivery teams, you are able to identify gaps and come up with solutions to enusre a rapid flow of information.
This will be an exciting opportunity for someone who has strong commercial savvy and possibly a technical or program management background, to come in and help drive our service revenue and operational excellence in a highly visible role in the Consulting organization.
- Lead sales and business development efforts for a broad range of consulting services, such as implementation delivery of industry solutions, standalone services for analytics, modeling, reporting and data management services, IT administration support and managed services, deployment support and management, business consulting and analytics advisory.
- Manage ongoing services engagements as well as generate new services revenue resulting from continuous engagements with assigned customers
- Responsible for success of analytics initiatives, programs or functions of assigned customers through continuous engagements enabling the customer
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Ability to create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting Services to CXO level customer stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels
- Manage services related revenue target including opportunity pipeline/funnel development, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis as well as forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements
- Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to drive software-independent standalone services revenue
- Act as the Lead Consultant responsible for managing new and on-going services opportunities in strategic accounts that are beneficial to SAS as well as to the Customer
- Oversee project management and delivery of ongoing implementations with assigned customers
- Continuously build expertise and advisory skills beyond SAS technology on how to successfully enable and deliver analytics programs for customers
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years' experience in Consulting or Technology space with proven commercial acumen and software-based program management skills. Strong experience in at least one vertical market preferred, be it risk management, compliance, banking security, customer intelligence or loT.
- Sound knowledge on project delivery life cycle & techniques and associated service sales cycle
- Good understanding on SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources.
- Strategic selling and negotiating skills, ability in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, proven decision-making skills in complex situation.
- Self-driven with proven ability to initiate and lead projects, to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good people skills with full proficiency in both English and Cantonese; fluent Mandarin advantageous.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.