Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Project Manager with technical background and experience in a vendor enviornment to manage projects in the FSI industries. You will be responsible for all aspects of project management including direction, planning and budgeting, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects while ensuring consistency with SAS’ overall strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track project progress.
- Lead and/- or coordinate project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and people management.
- Communicate and track regularly on the status of project goals by ensuring project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
- Monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource additions.
- Provide direction and support to project team to ensure accomplishment of agreed upon goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff while managing resource availability and allocation.
- Report on progress of project to all stakeholders by presenting reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Successfully manage relationships with the client and all stakeholders. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/ vendors.
- Independently manage a key aspect of one or more projects.
- Continually monitor effectiveness of projects and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Build a business case for potential process and/or procedure solutions and completes cost/benefit analyses as support.
- Independently recommend process improvement audits and/or operational reviews for management consideration.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Business or related field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of experience in Project Management, preferably in a vendor environment managing projects in the Banking or Insurance industries
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable or equivalent professional training preferred.
- Ability to lead project teams and gain consensus
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge and competence in related business functional area
- Strong accounting, math and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze solutions for the project and internal customers
- Ability to design and support improvement processes
- Ability to manage budgeting process and analyze budget performance
- Ability to perform well under pressure; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to give attention to detail and accuracy
- Global business perspective
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action