SAS technology allows customers to achieve great results in a wide range of diverse industries. From ensuring your bank account is not compromised to analyzing the data behind many goods, products and pharmaceuticals, or helping with natural disasters, SAS is driving a revolution in the way big data is used every day! #Data4Good.
SAS R&D Pune, with its experience in developing applications and solutions for a variety of domains, has built a reputation within SAS for excellence in the development and delivery of high-quality applications across an expanding set of technologies. We aim to push our developers’ careers in the direction they have always envisaged.
Welcome to the forefront of making a difference!
About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. For this role, you will be a part of PSG – Sizings team. We are looking for a Solutions Architect who can assist SAS sales/accounts team to deliver a “Hardware Estimate/Recommendation/Sizing” to support a valid software sales opportunity and maximize the revenue. You will help identify the hardware resources needed for deployment of a SAS solution(s). You should be able to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services.
Essential Technology Experience:
- System administration experience on Unix/Linux and Windows.
- Server infrastructure (Server models, chipsets, cores, memory, threading) and associated performance options and communication protocols (TCP/IP, ARP, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge on hardware platforms like Dell, HPE, etc. and around performance and storage.
- Experience of architecture and basic operations with public cloud platforms like Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker & Kubernetes.
- Good to have experience on troubleshooting performance at multiple computing levels (Hardware, Operating Systems, Applications and Networking)
- Working experience in the multi-tier environment supporting multiple tier applications.
- Knowledge and implementation experience of SAS 9 platform and SAS solutions will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and email. Clear and concise English penmanship for creating sizing recommendations.
- Eye for detail, multi-tasking in addition to strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for making a difference, motivated and self-starter.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and with a team.
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then please get in touch to find out more!
- Interact with SAS globally around the execution and ongoing growth of the Sizing Program.
- Participate in the execution of day-to-day activities around planning, updating, and executing activities required by the field teams while maintaining the quality and consistency of deliverables.
- Build key relationships with team members, R&D, Partners and ultimately the field to achieve program objectives. A heavy focus will be placed on relationships with account teams and other inter SAS engineering groups.
- Actively participate in all phases of the sizing process.
- Establish, maintain, and participate in the execution of Sizings, monitoring the Sizing Queue, methodology updates and process enhancements.
- Maintain key relationships within internal SAS teams, with our Platform Partners, R&D and the field in the execution of the program.
- Be able to address perceptions from the field, R&D and Platform Partners and any resulting program enhancements that may be needed. Example topics include storage and architecture.
- Ensure knowledge is being transferred among the teams and shared with the field.
- Assist in setting the strategic direction of the program, socialize, achieve buy-in and execute.
- Participate and contribute in group activities and help set work priorities
- Build a tighter relationship with R&D to ensure team is getting the necessary information to deliver accurate Sizings.
- Participate in EEC efforts to set departmental strategic direction and tackle new problems.
- Participate in sales support activities (calls, chat & emails).
Background and Experience
SAS is seeking a Solutions Architect with an experience of 5 to 7 years in Infrastructure/Server/Hardware technologies. Previous experience in capacity planning is preferred. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage in customer interaction daily. He should possess good problem solving, organizational and decision-making skills. He should be able to work independently and as a part of a team. Experience of working in Global software organizations engaged in provision of large software development.