Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
In this Presales role, you will act as a trusted advisor to our customers across industries when transforming a world of data into a world of intelligence. Internally, you will partner with sales teams and senior executives to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You will also engage with senior stakeholders from the client side to help accelerate their digital transformation through domain expertise and thought leadership.
- Build trusted relationships with sales teams and client accounts, such that they can leverage your domain expertise to increase the company’s credibility and communicate the company value proposition primarily in sales situations that advance the sales of software. Ensure that proper expectations are set to drive customer satisfaction. This may involve the delivery of compelling software demonstrations.
- Strategize with sales team on objectives for customer meetings. Understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provide strategic leadership for sales opportunities.
- Clearly articulate the breadth and value of software and the company in assigned domain or business/industry area.
- Strategically state how the company differentiates from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as analysts or the press.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFP’s or business case requests utilizing the RFP Repository and/or crafting thorough and compelling answers and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
- Work with product marketing, product management, sales and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
- Contribute to the design and production of sales, pre-sales and marketing materials.
- Proactively drive customer retention efforts.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience in solution design and data analytics preferably in a pre-sales capacity.
- Experience in solution development with programming skills in SAS, Python or Java preferred.
- Track record in model development or business intelligence reporting advantageous.
- Strong analytical, presentation and people skills.
- Public speaking experience advantageous.
- Fluency in both English and Chinese.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
* This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when positions aligned to you skillset are available. This is a great way to ensure that you are in our pipeline to be considered for positions across the business.