Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The role requires an experienced resource in the area of Border Control Management (immigration governance and processes) to assist in business analytics software and services project implementation activities such requirement discussion and consultancy, advisory services and support for the project. This role will not require to be on full time basis and total project period is estimated to be 2 years.
The scope includes assessing the business model and its integration with technology, as well as to define new business requirement standards and enforce implementation in the project to ensure efficiency and effectiveness results.
Serve as a lead consultant and functional architect focusing in SAS Risk Assessment Solution with specific emphasis on risk scoring and intelligence investigation.
SAS Risk Assessment Solution cover some of the following areas:
- risk scoring
- intelligence investigation
- real time processing
- reporting & dashboarding.
- Serve as a lead consultant or oversight capacity for Risk projects; effectively oversee delivery of the solution, production of the deliverables and coach/develop project team.
- Gather and analyze clients' functional requirements converting them into effective solution designs.
- Proactively identify and assess project risk and produces actions to resolve or contingency plans; where necessary escalating to management.
- Develop and present strategies and roadmaps for clients and prospects in the area of risk intelligence.
- The Subject Matter Expert reviews business and system needs and provides consultancy on the best practice with the client partner and project team to configure the solution uses Requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification and management techniques for the purpose.
- The Subject Matter Expert are engaged in work efforts at all scales ranging from enhancements to development of new applications. They are also involved in all types of solution approaches (custom development, package implementation etc.) and solution domains (business applications, data security, infrastructure etc.)
- Conducts meetings with clients, partners or project team. Conduct requirements and design workshops utilizing border control management and risk management knowledge and experience, while guiding the client towards an effective solution with SAS systems.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies the most complex information systems.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Ongoing improving/develop the business requirement processes and defines standards with the goal on enhances effectiveness and efficiency. Document it as the standard guideline/procedures. Enforce in all projects’ business requirement process and monitor the outcome.
- Leading, review and quality control other projects team on business requirement processes.
- Review and advise test scenarios and develop test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated into the system design. Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
- Review and advise on deliverables such as Requirements, Functional Specifications, Design, Business Rules, Test Strategy, Test Scripts and User Guides.
- Interpret regulatory guidelines in risk management to be configured and coded into SAS systems.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Solid experience in Border Control Management (immigration governance and processes).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Risk Management or related discipline, with minimum of 20 years’ working experience.
- Good business knowledge and familiarity with Border Control Management (immigration governance and processes) and/or intelligence investigation.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a business analyst working with project sponsor to understand and document project objectives, scope, gaps and to establish vision.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with business owners to understand current processes and to document and prioritize requirements specifications, business processes and recommendations.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with other related projects to understand and manage project dependencies.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with project managers to plan business analysis and highlight risks and issues.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems.
- Ability to work independently, or as a team.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.