About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. We are looking for an Analytics Developer to help us support Energy Forecasting product and enhance the functionality. You will be a part of the Energy Forecasting development team, working on new/existing software. You will reproduce and resolve customer reported issues, and going further, design and code better versions of the software in the best possible manner, within reasonable timelines.
Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience.
Essential Technology Experience:
- At least 5 years of analytics development experience
- Expertise in Time Series Forecasting and Analytics
- SAS experience a must
- Ability to think analytically, relate statistical concepts and applications
- Deep knowledge of SAS analytical offerings and putting code into production systems
- Knowledge of software development processes and Quality Standards
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and with tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Experience on Windows as well Linux operating system with basic troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Git, Gerrit
- M.Sc. in Statistics/Mathematics is a must or BE/BTech with experience on Time Series.
Experience of these items would be useful:
- SAS Viya
- SAS Visual Forecasting
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI, CD) model
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then please get in touch to find out more!
- Support the forecasting and analytics related code in the product
- Debug and resolve issues as reported by customers in the existing product
- Conduct unit tests on the software as required
- Translate identified business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques
- Contribute to documentation, publications, and course materials for internal and external consumers.
- Do Requirement Analysis, write functional specifications
- Complete high-level and low-level designs.
- Understand product functionality from previous versions and derive suitable new behavior.
- Work with UI/mid-tier teams to fulfill the requirements.
- Advise and assist team members and mentor junior developers
Background and Experience
SAS is seeking an Analytics development professional with a hands-on development experience of 5 years and having very good knowledge of Time Series Forecasting and Analytics. The candidate should have sharp design and debugging skills, and proven record of developing to requirements with client focused delivery. Candidate should have proven analytical & problem-solving skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills and the ability to address small & large audiences when required.