About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us support Energy Forecasting product and subsequently help in containerization in the cloud world. You will be a part of the Energy Forecasting development team, working on new/existing software. You will reproduce and resolve customer reported issues, and going further, design, code, build UI and mid-tier for the cloud-ready version of the application, in the best possible manner, within reasonable timelines.
Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience.
Essential Technology Experience:
- At least 4 years of overall development experience of Java EE based software
- Experience developing ReactJS/AngularJS/TypeScript
- Good understanding and usage of OOAD
- Understanding and usage of design patterns
- Using REST, XML, JSON effectively
- Familiarity with JDBC, SQL, Databases
- Hands on knowledge of using working on one or more application servers
- Knowledge of software development processes and Quality Standards
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and with tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Experience on Windows as well Linux operating system with basic troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Git, Gerrit
Experience of these items would be useful:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of any public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI, CD) model
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then please get in touch to find out more!
- Debug and resolve issues as reported by customers in existing product
- Design and develop UI and mid-tier for Java EE based enterprise application using SAS Viya or SAS BI Platform.
- Add APIs to the product as per the requirement of the client tier.
- Do Requirement Analysis, write functional specifications
- Complete high-level and low-level designs.
- Understand product functionality from previous versions and derive suitable new behavior.
- Work with server tier teams to fulfill the requirements.
- Advise and assist team members and mentor junior developers
- Implement test-based development process that focuses on delivering high quality products
- Provide documentation and technical publications for external and internal customers
Background and Experience
SAS is seeking a UI cum mid-tier development professional with a hands-on development experience of 5-10 years in Java EE based enterprise applications, out of which at least 2 years should be on UI development. The candidate should have sharp design and debugging skills, and proven record of developing to requirements with client focused delivery. Candidate should have proven analytical & problem-solving skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills and the ability to address small & large audiences when required.